Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can I house a few chickens with my pair of turkeys temporarily?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have a pair of royal palms, and was wondering if I could house a few of my chickens in with them temporarily. I have a couple roos that are getting beat up by the other chickens so would like to move them to a different pen where they still have access to a run. I am just a little afraid that the tom will hurt them if I put the chickens in with them. It would only be for a short time, maybe a little over a month. Thanks

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

Amy

Amy
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

It might depend on if your turkeys have even been around chickens ? My turkeys and chickens share a coop and are fine, if anything the turkey hens are bossier.

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I was in a similar bind last year and they turkeys ignored the chickens.

jon.w

jon.w
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I have had turkeys in with my chickens. A hen and a tom, it was comical at times the tome would play police men and I had this one roo that would start crap all the time the tom would come over to him and bop him on the hed sending him to the ground he would give this look like he did some thing wrong and scurry away vary ROFL Turkey

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I have two roosters in with the turkeys because they had no manners.
No issues, the turkeys leave them alone--it's just a tom and two hens.

All seems fine to me.

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I have two roosters in with the turkeys because they had no manners.
No issues, the turkeys leave them alone--it's just a tom and two hens.

All seems fine to me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum