Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

looking for goats and sheep this summer...

+2
heda gobbler
HiddenAcresBC
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

HiddenAcresBC

HiddenAcresBC

Im kinda open to whatever here hahaha. What Im looking for is a couple of dairy goats and perhaps a couple sheep too Smile
Breeds? Well for goats I would prefer Nubian, Alpine second...they must be well socialized and friendly. I dont mind if they are very young and never birthed before, or a couple years old. As long as they are friendly.
As for sheep I really dont know. I dont know what is out there and available. Do people in BC even HAVE sheep? haha. OK I would prefer Merino, Cheviot or perhaps something else...anyone on here have sheep? Or know of Merinos nearby?
Our barn is strapped and nearing completion FINALLY! Can you hear the excitement through the screen? Can you? CAN YOU? Laughing

Jaclyn

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

How exciting! I could use another barn or 3.

The BC Sheep Federation should have a list of who has sheep in BC. If not on their website I know their magazine (N'Ewes, of course) has lots of ads.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

Amy

Amy
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I have a flock of Border Leicester sheep here (they belong to a friend), I like them. They have nice curly wool and handsome head, they are the same breed as in 'Babe'.

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

One of our members who's forum name is karona breeds Nubian crosses I believe. She loves her goats and may have some kids this year, if you're interested. She lives in Prince George and I don't think she comes on here much.

HighCountry

Pretty sure we will be heading Terrace this summer. I raise Shetland sheep in an array of colours and patterns.

http://www.highcountryshetlands@xplornet.com

HiddenAcresBC

HiddenAcresBC

highcountry...do you still have a website? Or pics? I am interested Smile

karona

karona
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

ChicoryFarm wrote:One of our members who's forum name is karona breeds Nubian crosses I believe. She loves her goats and may have some kids this year, if you're interested. She lives in Prince George and I don't think she comes on here much.

Yes I do just not every day and I don't always have something to say.

Thanks for the comments.

As for sheep if I had to have them I would go with Katahdins. A friend has them and they are easy keepers
twin or triplet lots birth easy and you don't have to sheer them. There is a market for lamb and in the future I may consider these.

HighCountry

My website needs to be renewed and updated. On my to do list lol. Lambs are due the beginning of april. If youd like I could email pics of some of my previous lambs.

http://www.highcountryshetlands@xplornet.com

I have 18 kids on the the ground so far. One Doe left to kid.

I have pruebred Alpines, purebred Nubians (No purebred nubian kids this year..my registered buck was two young to use).

For crosses I have Saannen/Alpine, Alpine/Nubian, Alpine/La Mancha.

My parents live in Smithers, while my dad works in Terrace. So if you were interested and things worked out with either my parents visiting here or us visiting there, I might be able to deliver as far as Smithers or Terrace. If interested you can contact me later this spring/summer on what I'll have available for sale, pictures of the Dams and Sires, goaty info, and if I or my parents would be able to head out your way..etc.

I have been disbudding all the babies and have one naturally polled doeling.
looking for goats and sheep this summer... The_go11

HiddenAcresBC

HiddenAcresBC

Dutch girl...that sounds like it was meant to be hahaha. I frequently go to SMithers and would have no problem driving that distance to pick up a couple animals! Thanks and I will definltey be in touch with you.

Jaclyn

Sounds good Jaclyn. You can email me directly at jessamine.west@live.ca

Jess

HiddenAcresBC

HiddenAcresBC

resurrecting this post in hopes of finding

a)someone close by with dairy goats for sale

b)somoene close by with dairy sheep for sale

c) someone with Flemish giant buck for sale

d) all of the above

e) somoene travelling from Dutch girls area(ALberta somewhere Wink ) to my area (Terrace BC) that will bring me a large care package Twisted Evil

Jaclyn

karona

karona
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

HiddenAcresBC wrote:resurrecting this post in hopes of finding

a)someone close by with dairy goats for sale

b)somoene close by with dairy sheep for sale

c) someone with Flemish giant buck for sale

d) all of the above

e) somoene travelling from Dutch girls area(ALberta somewhere Wink ) to my area (Terrace BC) that will bring me a large care package Twisted Evil

Jaclyn

Jaclyn
Not sure how close you want but my girls should start kidding next week. I could keep you posted and post pictures. I had my herd tested and they are CAE free and I have never had CL.
Kathi
Prince George

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum