Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Buff & Cayuga ducks, pilgram geese wanted

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dooversue

I am looking for adults or ducklings/goselings in the following breeds of waterfowl,
Buff ducks
Cayuga ducks
Pilgram geese
PUREBREDS ONLY
If adults - pairs or trios preferred. Please contact me with what you have available; sex, age, quantity of each, (source of bloodlines) and price. Thanks!

edit: If you are planning to breed any of the above and are hoping to have young ones for sale, let me know. I know I'm early in year yet for 'kid-lings'!

dooversue

Sorry - should mention, I'm at Camrose, AB so east/central... willing to travel a few hours any direction for them. Further out (ex. SE corner of BC I'll be cutting through in April, SK as needed.

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sue my daughter raises buff ducks, should have lots of eggs/babies for sale this spring. They are a bit small from what the judge at the show said though. But nice coloring.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

dooversue

Oh, I didn't realize you had buffs too, geez - maybe I'm gonna have to take a 'holiday' to southern SK!
Can you put me on your list for Pilgrim & buff babies, and I'm still thinking the Harlequin pair (or some ducklings from them)... I know everything is dependent on what hatches etc. But I'm not in a big hurry as I've got 'major' fencing to do here so if late spring/early summer - fine by me!

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Will write you down Sue for the buff ducks and if I have any luck with the pilgrim babies you are second on the list.
Could you send me an email with your full name and phone number so I can put it in my book please.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I have all 3 of these breeds and I love them all so great choices Very Happy The buff are nice they lay big (+78grm) beautiful blueish eggs, free range well and are generally nice to have around. The drake I had wasn't a problem like the khaki drake although he got the job done and kept his girls fertile hehe. Cayugas are stunning, super calm, more apt to find them sunning or in a nice shady spot then out chasing bugs etc but quiet and lay a good size egg (+70grms) daily for a quite awhile. I like their first black eggs of the season ( I blew mine out) and I think the army greyish-green eggs are neat in the egg carton they look like olive eggers. My pilgrim goose is wonderful and looks after all the duckies she's very curious about everything and mother-henish with her ducks. I got her new boyfriend late in the summer and so far haven't had any problems with him at all. My pilgrim and Buff goose last year laid us 67 eggs between them and so my kids did all kinds of egg decorating with the blown out shells Very Happy I also got a trio of Welsh Harlequins this summer and I think they look great, the drake hasn't been a problem and I'm looking forward to sexable ducklings. You'll have a lovely colourful group like me Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum