Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

US Hatcheries

+12
Ruffledfeathers
heda gobbler
Dan Smith
pawsdaisy
pops coops
Hopeful Farm
Hidden River
TysExotics
ChicoryFarm
fuzzylittlefriend
mirycreek
rosewood
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26US Hatcheries - Page 2 Empty Re: US Hatcheries Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:23 pm

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

As far as I know I am the only one in Canada that Whitmore has shipped to because prior to shipping to me they were not set up to sell to Canadians. I offered to pay for their farm inspection and all other related expenses including the health papers if they would do the ground work and make it happen which they did so I was able to get an order last spring from them which was shipped in two separate shipping's two weeks apart which required two sets of health papers. The large hatcheries that do the health papers must ship many orders to Canada to justify the farm inspection fee which is required either quarterly or half yearly I can't remember. If someone wants to order more from Whitmore I would be willing to go in with them. They only have five breeds but they are all on their farm and they are always working to improve them. The control is way better than if they order chicks or eggs from another source and then ship to you which sometimes results in chicks not looking pure at all.

Speaking of Whitmore , is there anyone who has an extra Blue or splash Whitmore Ameraucana Rooster that they want to part with. 403 240-2275. Dan Smith

27US Hatcheries - Page 2 Empty Re: US Hatcheries Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:40 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I know if you look around you can get waht you want in chicks and hatching eggs from breeders here in canada
I have been doing this, but can't always find what I want and when I want. I have some very nice stock from Canadian sources. One type of chicken I'm looking for is an alternative meat chicken. I have found a source for Freedom Rangers in eastern US and will likely order some this spring.

Thanks for your information about Whitmore Farms, Dan.

28US Hatcheries - Page 2 Empty Re: US Hatcheries Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:05 pm

Hopeful Farm

Hopeful Farm

I was happy with the FR's last year, rosewood. Are you interested in the Mistral Gris this spring?

29US Hatcheries - Page 2 Empty Re: US Hatcheries Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:31 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I was happy with the FR's last year, rosewood. Are you interested in the Mistral Gris this spring?

I'm considering both at present, but I'm not intersted in buying MGs or FRs indirectly through another party with no reflection on anybody intended. I'm also considering buying a larger number of GLWs pullets.

30US Hatcheries - Page 2 Empty Re: US Hatcheries Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:29 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

It is interesting to learn where all these chickens really come from. It seems that not only do hatcheries herein Canada source from the US but even the US hatcheries source from one another, depending on the breed.

I don't know what to make of it, but it interests me.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

31US Hatcheries - Page 2 Empty Re: US Hatcheries Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:18 pm

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Oh yes I would love to "borrow" a cockrel in exchange for pullets. That would make hubby happy not having another permenent rooster ( for now). I would love the joe mazur cockrel if your going to use the other one 1st. No vulture hocks and has yellow feet? he would be perfect!

Anne

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

32US Hatcheries - Page 2 Empty Re: US Hatcheries Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:40 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

He has been shown and has no disqualifying faults. Here is a photo at a much younger age (could be his brother).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

33US Hatcheries - Page 2 Empty Re: US Hatcheries Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:51 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

OH Rosewood what a handsome little man !!

34US Hatcheries - Page 2 Empty Re: US Hatcheries Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:29 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

rosewood wrote:
HUmmmm I have 4 pullets and no boys...I could definatly find a ride for a boy to kelowna Razz

But I am pretty sure there would be a high speed chase down the highway with cynthia hot on my heels! sunny

But really I am serious.......then I could hatch you out some pullets..

Anne
I have experience getting Cynthia off my trail. I just tell her we will meet at Tim Hortons and then give her directions to one Timmy while going to another. I have 2 Black Cochin roosters and will want to use both of them in the future. Maybe we could work out a lease arrangement (pullets back) for the one I'm not using. I have one from Chicken Tracy and one from Joe Mazur. I have committment to use Tracy's first. I would have to clear this with other family members.

Hee, hee, you guys make me laugh. Rosewood has a way of mixing up things so you have to play hide and seek to find him, smiling the big smile. So, let me get this straight. You have two black cochin cockerels, one from Chicken Tracy and one from Joe Mazur? Hope things work out for you guys, things always do one day work out in the wash. That picture of the cochin cockerel was very neat looking, look at the leg feathers on that dude already!! Have beautiful days, CynthiaM.

35US Hatcheries - Page 2 Empty Re: US Hatcheries Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:16 pm

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Dan Smith wrote:As far as I know I am the only one in Canada that Whitmore has shipped to because prior to shipping to me they were not set up to sell to Canadians. I offered to pay for their farm inspection and all other related expenses including the health papers if they would do the ground work and make it happen which they did so I was able to get an order last spring from them which was shipped in two separate shipping's two weeks apart which required two sets of health papers. The large hatcheries that do the health papers must ship many orders to Canada to justify the farm inspection fee which is required either quarterly or half yearly I can't remember. If someone wants to order more from Whitmore I would be willing to go in with them. They only have five breeds but they are all on their farm and they are always working to improve them. The control is way better than if they order chicks or eggs from another source and then ship to you which sometimes results in chicks not looking pure at all.

Speaking of Whitmore , is there anyone who has an extra Blue or splash Whitmore Ameraucana Rooster that they want to part with. 403 240-2275. Dan Smith

Hi Dan, normally I'd love to get in on an order from Whitmore Farms, but unfortunately just have too much going on this year. As it is I'm going to be limited to what I can hatch. I could cry! Sad

36US Hatcheries - Page 2 Empty Re: US Hatcheries Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:47 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Cackle used to ship to Canada. Don't know if they still do. It was a few years ago that I bought from them.

The Dominiques were very good. Ameraucanas had good egg colour.

37US Hatcheries - Page 2 Empty McMurray Hatchery Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:39 am

princess

New Here

I have the experience with McMurray Hatchery. I ordered from them in the past. They send the birds to a post office in USA, for me the closest Post office was the one in Ogsdenburg N.Y, I went to picked them up at the post office, they had all the health papers necessary to satisfy the Canadian Custom, it was very easy, no problem

http://denisechickenparadise.com

38US Hatcheries - Page 2 Empty Re: US Hatcheries Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:05 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

princess wrote:I have the experience with McMurray Hatchery. I ordered from them in the past. They send the birds to a post office in USA, for me the closest Post office was the one in Ogsdenburg N.Y, I went to picked them up at the post office, they had all the health papers necessary to satisfy the Canadian Custom, it was very easy, no problem

Oops, you're right. That's what I did with Cackle too. I picked them up in Maine.

Custom didn't bother me much either. The guy just looked at me wide eyed, "You're going to drive 2 hours with that noise?????"
lol!

39US Hatcheries - Page 2 Empty Re: US Hatcheries Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:22 am

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I don't think Cackle ships for Canadian importation now. Our first order from McMurrays came without health papers although we didn't realize this until we ordered a second batch. We didn't have any problem that time. On the second trip we didn't have passport yet and were detained because my wife was foreign born.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum