Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pretty Pullet Eggs

+3
mirycreek
CynthiaM
Blue Hill Farm
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pretty Pullet Eggs Empty Pretty Pullet Eggs Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:05 pm

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hey everyone, I hope all is well with everyone and their feathered friends. Smile

I just had to come on and share a picture of my girl's pretty eggs now that everyone (finally) started laying regularly. So many lovely colours…it’s pure awesomesauce. Banana

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Oh miry, the bottom four brown eggs are from the two Rock pullets I got from you. Wink They both started laying at 22 weeks within 24 hours of each other. They are sisters in sync for sure and looking really good. As are their cockerel hatch mates. I’ll have to take some updated pictures to flood the forum with. Razz

Anyway, it’s great to come back to WCPS after a little break and see all the old familiar names as well as many new. Looking forward to catching up! cyclops

2Pretty Pullet Eggs Empty Re: Pretty Pullet Eggs Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:16 pm

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oooh, you got some pretty eggs going on there, love the colours, have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

3Pretty Pullet Eggs Empty Re: Pretty Pullet Eggs Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:44 pm

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

so nice to see! I would love to see pics of your birds too... Very Happy

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

4Pretty Pullet Eggs Empty Re: Pretty Pullet Eggs Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:03 pm

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Delicious colours Flicker. Would the green ones on the right be considered olive eggers?

I wasn't aware that you took a break as I feel like I'm just coming back too after an intense summer and fall. You managed to pack in a lot of posts before you backed off I see - lol! I need to play catch up!

5Pretty Pullet Eggs Empty Re: Pretty Pullet Eggs Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:31 pm

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

A whole rainbow of eggs! So pretty Smile

I got my first blue egg today. Well, my first since last summer. It seems that some of my hens have been on an extended holiday, so I'm very happy that they've decided to start paying their way again! Rolling Eyes

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

6Pretty Pullet Eggs Empty Re: Pretty Pullet Eggs Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:27 pm

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I JUST LOVE THE GREEN ONES! VERY PRETTY!

http://www.conjuringcreekboardingkennels.com/farm.html

7Pretty Pullet Eggs Empty Re: Pretty Pullet Eggs Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:46 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Beautiful eggs FC! I have to admit I am a sucker for the green eggs. Rolling Eyes Not a very good thing for an Am breeder to say! Very Happy
I may have to put my Splash Wheaten cockerel over my Copper Marans hen before he leaves!

8Pretty Pullet Eggs Empty Re: Pretty Pullet Eggs Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:18 pm

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks everyone. Very Happy Every day has felt like Christmas morning of late, hehe. I just love pullet eggs.

I’ll try and get a photo session in soon miry. The weather is certainly right for it!

I’m not entirely sure who’s laying the olive green eggs yet Chicory, but I aim to find out. I had thought it was my big red/blue EE, as her mother was 1/4 Cochin, but I had to cross her off the list after catching her on the nest box today. Surprisingly her egg was more bluish. Wasn’t expecting that truth be told.

Glad to hear it Kathy. My little BR hen Lily has finally started up again after an extended second molt. She’s such a slacker but I love her anyway. Rolling Eyes

TripleJ and coopslave, you guys are not alone in your love of the green shell. Heh heh. I’m considering putting one of my BR cockerels over my splash and black Ameraucana pullets and making some blue/black barred green eggers for fun. Maybe others would be interested in hatching some of these closer to spring? All in the name of science of course. Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum