Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

White Christmas and Green New Year

+3
coopslave
chickeesmom
Fowler
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1White Christmas and Green New Year Empty White Christmas and Green New Year Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:09 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

The kids had their white Christmas but it didn't last long. Raining here today. This might be the first time I ever let my birds out in January.

Last edited by Fowler on Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total

2White Christmas and Green New Year Empty Re: White Christmas and Green New Year Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:40 am

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Chinook rolling threw here also, all this week it's supposed to be way above zero. Sure helps to shorten these winter days. A couple days forecasted to be above 5.
My birds are also out and about, especially the Chanteclers.

3White Christmas and Green New Year Empty Re: White Christmas and Green New Year Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:44 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Am I the only one getting winter this year?????
-10C this morning and for the past couple of mornings. Supposed to go down to the high teens by the end of next week. That could mean our first stretch into the -20s. sigh......

4White Christmas and Green New Year Empty Re: White Christmas and Green New Year Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:18 am

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

A mild winter here so far. Lately we have had a couple rainshowers on top of snow which now has made the yard a skating rink. DIL took a nasty tumble moving between the two houses. I use the quad just to go across the yard. The forecast is for plus temperature this week and just maybe the ice will melt.

5White Christmas and Green New Year Empty green January Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:21 am

jocelyn

Green here too, lots of rain yesterday, minus 1 today and falling to minus 4 predicted. Birds all out here yesterday too, except when it was pouring.

Jocelyn

6White Christmas and Green New Year Empty Re: White Christmas and Green New Year Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:02 am

happychicks

happychicks
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Unusually mild this winter so far here. We had the white Christmas, like Fowler, but green before and after. We had three days with snow on the ground the end of November and about a week over Christmas. We're having flurries today but nothing staying on the ground. I don't think I've ever seen a winter this mild for this long into the season. Birds love being outside!

7White Christmas and Green New Year Empty Re: White Christmas and Green New Year Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:04 am

Chantecler_eh?

Chantecler_eh?

I agree with it being so mild, we've had to just leave the screen doors on the chicken coops overnight so they don't overheat. Lots of ice around our yard too.

http://feathers-farm.webs.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum