Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

They Came Back

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1They Came Back Empty They Came Back Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:55 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

Last month 4 steers and 2 pigs disappeared from here. The steers pushing each other around dangerously close to the fence were not really missed. They nearly pushed the garden fence over on top of my wife when she was feeding them the spent corn plants. The eager morning greeting from the 2 pigs was missed, but even they were beginning to push the fence.

Last night they came back packed in boxes in the back of the truck. We have been looking forward to their return even before they left. For the last couple months we have been buying ground beef, pork chops and hams at Costco. Apart from the 5 hour trip to Big Lake an emergency trip had to be made to the Brick in Kamloops late last evening for a fourth freezer. We had a meal of delicious bacon and Highland beef sausages with pancakes tonight.

Last edited by rosewood on Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

2They Came Back Empty Re: They Came Back Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:43 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Good to hear they all made it back safe and sound.... and by the sounds of things.. It was Good!

Very Happy

3They Came Back Empty Re: They Came Back Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:58 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Here I was thinking they actually wandered back into the yard. Duh!

4They Came Back Empty Re: They Came Back Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:21 pm

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ha, I was with Uno thought they had returned home after being lost. A new freezer, wow, I know, I know, if I had more meat to freeze I would need one too, my freezer is full of vegetables and roosters!! Nice that you have so much meat now to grace those hungry tables, all grown at your place, knowing what went into them to make them those delicious dinners (and no more danger of corn falling on your Wife, smiling). Lovely thing to hear of people raising their own food....beautiful days, CynthiaM.

5They Came Back Empty Re: They Came Back Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:35 pm

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

uno wrote:Here I was thinking they actually wandered back into the yard. Duh!
Me to!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum