Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alberta - when do the sales occur here?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Alberta - when do the sales occur here? Empty Alberta - when do the sales occur here? Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:32 am

dooversue

Hello all,
When do the sales (&or shows) occur here in Alberta? I heard talk of a spring sale, I know that Innisfail has their Odd & Unusual spring & fall (but as a novice - I'd rather buy direct from breeders or from a 'breeder sale' like what just took place in Red Deer.
So - if you have dates (even tentative plans or third weekend of type plans) for sales - could you post them here?
THANKS!

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am certain that Ty will be putting on a sale this spring, it is South of Calgary near Milo. It is a great sale, indoors so weather doesnt affect it. I would guess sometime in May.
I was prodding Liz a bit about a spring sale in Red Deer, she wouldnt spill the beans for me but she is trying to plan something a bit different???So wait and see on that one.
I know TripleJ did a swap of sorts last year in the summer near her, so maybe that is an option as well for spring?

I always encourage people to avoid auctions if at all possible, you never know what you are bringing home for birds or diseases, so be cautious on that. If you want a good start into some breeds, the breeder type sales are the best. Hopefully there will be a lot of swap type sales this spring.

Here in Saskatchewan we are hoping to do some swap type sales again, I am hoping Murray will do the Simpson one again, and we have a little trio of ladies here trying to get a Swift Current sale going as well...Still too early in the planning to say if it is a go or not yet.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

yea i have rented the hall again for next year its july 28 at glen park hall same time same place 11-2 pm Smile i didnt want to over lap on any other sales so i chose the same time as last year! Smile cheers

http://www.conjuringcreekboardingkennels.com/farm.html

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

Fantastic!!!! I will put that in my book!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum