Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transport of baby blue cochins, Cranbrook westward and northward

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

So, yay, Cathy picked up my 5 blue cochin adolescents from Shipperkesue at Red Deer on Saturday. She has brought the baby blues back to her home in Cranbrook. She can keep those baby blues for me until she comes to Kamloops the beginning of January, at which time I will meet up with her on her way to Kamloops and take those baby blues off her hands (again, thank you Cathy and Sue for helping to pull this together).

Now being a bit of an impatient gal when it comes to acquisition of birds, smiling, I really don't want to wait until January beginning. I want, I want, I want, I want those baby blues to come home to their new mamma, smiling again.

Coopslave has graciously offered to drive down to Rock Creek from the Beaverdell area and hold them at her house, until her and I can hook up to get the baby blues...Rock Creek is along the road from Cranbrook westward (well, I think it is, not overly familiar with that part of B.C. sigh, go figure, lived in the province my whole life, and yet haven't been there to that area yet). Coopslave could meet someone along that highway that goes through Rock Creek.

I live north of Vernon, which is 1/2 hour from my home, southward, 1.5 hours drive to Kelowna or to the other side of the province Kamloops, both are equal distances from my home. I think Rock Creek is the town that has the junction of the highway that heads north or west through lower B.C.

Hmmmm..think this may be becoming confusing, it is to me.

anyways, looking to get those adolscent blue cochins to my home before the beginning of January. Is anyone coming from the Cranbrook area westward that could assist with moving those baby blues further west. Have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

If someone is going the Number 1 West to the Coast, I can meet them in Golden and transfer birds too.

By the way, they are babies, but they are fully feathered, quiet and easy travellers.

Send me email and we can arrange a time in Golden if that works.

Cathy

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Cathy, beauty, but now I am really confused. I know where Golden is, or pretty well know, but isn't that a long, long, long ways from your home area? I really need to get a good map of the B.C. area, but just can't find one very good on the internet, I have searched, so not being lazy.....you are a wonderful gal (think of that zucchini bread and peach salsa that will grace your food table, smiling that big smile), it's comin' your way when we meet up for lunch in January!! Beautiful and wonderful days, CynthiaM.

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well, well, well, you would never in your wildest dreams believe what has just happened, this post is now moot, smiling that huge smile.

Cathy texted me this morning and told me that she and hers was going to make a road trip, all the way up north, to eventually wind up in Revelstoke, where I will meet her and the baby blues. I am so shocked that I don't even know where to begin.

This woman has travelled that extra mile to begin with (emotionally that extra mile too) to get these adolescent baby blues to me...her trip to Red Deer to the CHB show, picking them up, bringing them to Cranbrook and now...another journey, which will be an entire day for her. From Cranbrook to Golden about 3.5 to 4 hours, then to Revelstoke, which is another 1.5 hours further westward. Eeks, how on earth can one be so gracious!! I honestly have no clue and am still in a state of shock of what will occur here today.

She asked that I meet her in Revelstoke and the transfer will take place. Revelstoke is about 1.5 hours drive from my home, absolutely nothing compared to the amount of driving that this gal has been doing since Friday, when they first left for Red Deer.

How can one express gratitude? I honestly don't know, but this comes from deep within my soul -- and there will be a day when I can repay the beautiful gift she has given to me, I know and believe that all things work out in the wash, and this will be the most cleanest wash I have ever been involved in, smiling that huge smile.

Thank you Cathy. Thank you Sue too, for working so hard to bring these baby blues "home", you too are on my list for giving back, giving back, in any way that can be, is one of the most beautiful things, paying it forward.

I will have pictures of my new baby blues soon. This morning I have work to do. I have to set up a beautiful pen for these youngsters, adjacent to their new nestmates, other baby cochins pretty close to the same age. I should stop calling them baby blues, as 3 months old is not really baby anymore, but they are baby to me. I am in a little place right now called seventh heaven Cool Cool Cool . Have those beautiful days, CynthiaM.

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

YAY, you go Cathy! cheers
I look forward to the pictures.

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Baby blues home about 2:30, all fitting right in. I didn't bother to separate them, they are in with the other youngsters, fitting in well, in for a good night's sleep. boy did they eat and drink Very Happy . Even though they had a lovely container of "hold overs" for their long trip, they are well taken care of birds, that is surely for certain. If I feel good about whence a bird comes, I have never found a requirement to do separation, such is the case, that shone through!! Pictures in the morning, had a long day, and now my TV area is calling me....

Thank you Sue, thank you Cathy, this has been a very good day. Have a wonderful night, CynthiaM.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wow, Cathy, you are one amazing lady. Thanks for bringing this together for Cynthia. It was lovely to meet you in Red Deer. I sure know how much this means to Cynthia.

I have seen so many selfless acts of kindness in the last three days I think I will be good until April.

Sue

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hey, it was my pleasure... all good. It felt good to do it AND I got a big hug and all sorts of yummy canned goods for my little efforts!!! I can hardly wait to open them up. And each time I do, I will be reminded of the new friend I have in Grindrod!!

Hope they all settle in well and don't have any issues

Sue, never heard any sort of noise from them except little chirps... this morning they were out of the dog crate and wandering about under the truck canopy (we have an insulated canopy on the truck, like the kind the emergency vehicles us). They were eating and drinking so they didn't spend 36 hours in a box, a bit of abreak overnight before the next leg of the journey. It was good to meet you and to have a face to a name now!

Cath

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I think if I had children to send to Cynthia I would trust you with them too, Cathy! Sounds like you really coddled them.

Sue

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'm glad everybody is home safe and sound. Drive BC lists the TransCanada as closed tonight because of an accident 34 kms east of Golden.

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

rosewood wrote:I'm glad everybody is home safe and sound. Drive BC lists the TransCanada as closed tonight because of an accident 34 kms east of Golden.

We saw the police and ambulance leave Golden and head east. we go south on the 97 rather than going east . Awful there was an accident

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Girlfriends, we rock!! Enjoy those bounties from my larder (I almost forgot the peach salsa, now that woulda been a cryin' shame!!). A good day, a good ending, and I am sad to hear of an accident near Golden, thank the lucky stars Cathy wasn't involved in it, beautiful days, CynthiaM. A post is being created about the beautiful baby blues this morning, and pictures!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum