Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Absentee Bids on Red Deer Show Silent Auction Items!!!!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

There has been a request for absentee bids on some of the items, so If you are not going to be attending the show but would like to bid on something you see posted as being at the silent auction, then here is how it works....

And if this doesnt work, it is all Liz's fault.

YES!
We will take absentee bids on Silent Auction Items. Here is how we will handle it.

1. Post what your bid is when you see something you want to bid on. If you are the first to bid, then we will start a new thread just for that item.
2. Watch the thread in case someone decides to join in and bid there also.
3. The highest bid in a thread on Thursday, Dec 8th at 5 pm ALBERTA TIME will be the reserve bid on this item at the show. No more online bids will be accepted after 5pm Dec 8th.
4. The item will be presented at the Silent auction (with reserve bid) for ferther bids.
5. At NOON on SATURDAY the bidding will close on this item. Who ever has the highest bid wins.
6. Someone who has placed an online bid in this thread may TEXT ME (no phone, no email) any time Saturday from 10 am to 11:45 am to up their bid. If you text me I will tell you what the bid is at and will accept a new bid via text and enter it onto the item.
7. Winner is responsible for shipping or transport.

If someone uses the Text-a-Bid feature (limited to people who have posted a bid on this thread) I promise I will try to make sure I get your text, I will check. But I cant guarantee cell reception in the building of course. I can pretty much guarantee that if you phone me the cell wont work or I will not be able to hear you.

Does this work?
We have never done this before, not even thought of it.

Disclaimer: If this in any way does not work or in the case of errors or ommisions, the author of this post accepts no blame in any way and the whole thing is all Liz's fault.

Last edited by Arcticsun on Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:47 am; edited 2 times in total

pops coops

pops coops
Golden Member
Golden Member

You have done a very good job on the way you are doing it, it will work as long as people now how to tex, I will be getting lessons

http://www.popscoops.com

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

If someone cant text, and needs to phone they could try, but in the big buildings and with all those birds often it is nearly impossible to hear or hold a connection.

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

BUMP!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum