Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Smelly eggs

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Smelly eggs Empty Smelly eggs Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:26 am

DCChick

DCChick
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I am getting some hatching eggs from a friend of my moms. I havens seem these eggs yet as my mom is bringing them over later today, but she says

they smell. Not really a rotten egg smell, but just smell like "dirty chickens". I am worried about putting them in the incubator with my other eggs.

I really want some of these eggs because they are silkies but don't want to risk my others. Is there anyway I can tell if they are good or bad

2Smelly eggs Empty Re: Smelly eggs Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:48 am

DCChick

DCChick
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

OK, I have the eggs. It's definitely not a rotten egg smell. They raise pigs and I think the eggs smell like pigs, so I am thinking they are OK to put in.

3Smelly eggs Empty Re: Smelly eggs Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:28 am

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I had an old timer tell me one time he gave all his hatching eggs a bleach dip, think it was only 1 Tablespoon in a gallon pail of water and they just got a quick dip. Don't know never tried it, but could be worth something. If I remember right he said it would kill any bacteria on them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum