Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sooo please with my cornish giants!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sooo please with my cornish giants! Empty Sooo please with my cornish giants! Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:37 pm

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Well I was feeling like a sap this morning as I left my meat guys for processing crying a few tears.

But I feel much better tonight as the CFIA inspector commented how nice, clean and healthy my birds looked ( some were very dirty and yucky looking pale )

Also when we picked up we were told how well they turned out and we were the only batch of the day with no confinscations due to disease.

They were good weight at about 4.2 to almost 6.75 lbs. I also sent two RIR roos ( about 5 months old) and they weighed in at 3.5 and 3.8 lbs. Not much breast meat but good legs, thighs and backs!

I am soooo looking forward to roast chicken on sunday!

Anne

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

2Sooo please with my cornish giants! Empty Re: Sooo please with my cornish giants! Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:08 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well, good on you, some nice and clean birds to grace your dinner table. Okanagan Processors, I would presume. Peggy is such a wonderful gal, and so accommodating. Nice to have them inspected and to know for surely that you have done a nice job. Yummmmeeee, chicken dinners coming for you all. Have a wonderful and great day, CynthiaM.

3Sooo please with my cornish giants! Empty Re: Sooo please with my cornish giants! Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:37 am

Giddyup

Giddyup

Wow that's great! Pretty sad/alarming though that there is that many confiscations? Oh well, not on your table!!
How old were they (cornish) and did you do anything fancy? We may try out a few next year....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum