Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Our horses are up and running!

+5
blackdove
rosewood
coopslave
DCChick
silkiebantam
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Our horses are up and running! Empty Our horses are up and running! Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:37 am

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Yes, it was a busy out door kind of weekend. All summer we've been saying "What Summer? It skipped us and headed straight into fall, with all this rain!" Well finally, it was a nice, nice weekend. We got a lot done outside. Stuff I've been wanting to get done, but putting off all summer because it has been so miserable out! One of the things I was soooo glad to get done, is to get our horses up and running. They came from a little 'ghost' commuinty called Kemano. Maybe some of you from the northwest have heard of this forgotten place from the not so distant past. We were lucky enough to get ahold of some playground equipment from there. I would like to repaint the smaller horse, but for now, it's rockin'! The kids have been having a blast ridding them, and rounding them up. Even the Adults have gotten on with the kids to go for a ride! Oh the fun!

The little spring horse! Love the grass whip she's got goin'!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And the big red horse. That thing can really get going! I found an old really pretty glass button while I was digging it in.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I know it's not poultry related, but I'm sure some of you will enjoy remembering old playground equipment, and the fun and memories it brought to your childhood.

http://klewnufarms.blogspot.com/

2Our horses are up and running! Empty Re: Our horses are up and running! Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:45 am

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hmmmmmm! I can't seem to get it to show the full picture of the red horse.... too bad! It's a pretty cool horse!

http://klewnufarms.blogspot.com/

3Our horses are up and running! Empty Re: Our horses are up and running! Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:10 am

DCChick

DCChick
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I use to love those red horses at the playground! We had a large one like yours and one smaller three seater. Unfortunately they were removed a few years ago in favour of "safe" equipment with no moving parts.

4Our horses are up and running! Empty Re: Our horses are up and running! Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:23 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

COOL!

5Our horses are up and running! Empty Re: Our horses are up and running! Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:24 am

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I love the photos. There was a big horse like the red one at Writing On Stone Park south of Lethbridge.

6Our horses are up and running! Empty Re: Our horses are up and running! Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:49 am

blackdove

blackdove
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

So Cool!! Cool

7Our horses are up and running! Empty Re: Our horses are up and running! Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:10 am

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Oh what fun they are going to have on those, they do bring back some memories. Lovely pictures SB.

8Our horses are up and running! Empty Re: Our horses are up and running! Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:29 am

Giddyup

Giddyup

Wow do I remember that big red horse! Had forgotten until seeing your pic. Yup, long gone now along with the merry go rounds. How did we ever survive huh? That's neat that you have them!

9Our horses are up and running! Empty Re: Our horses are up and running! Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:10 pm

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

What an awesome score! Cool

10Our horses are up and running! Empty Re: Our horses are up and running! Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:28 pm

poplar girl

poplar girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Oh what a reminder of the visits to my Grandma's place where my sister and I always went to the playground. In that playground was the big horse like the red one and the horse on a spring. Your daughters look to be having so much fun and building some summer memories. Thanks for sharing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum