Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Has this ever happened to your poor dog?

+5
rosewood
Schipperkesue
poplar girl
Hidden River
Susan
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Has this ever happened to your poor dog? Empty Has this ever happened to your poor dog? Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:12 pm

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I was trying to make supper after another crazy busy day, while on the phone to my Mom. My husband comes in and says "can you cover the phone please?" So I do and he says, " that female is in the yard again and I think Tempest has his penis stuck in her". Okay, out I go and sure enough the two are stuck together. Well what the heck am I supposed t do?? The puppy is barking, he's growling and crying and the female is just standing there. I try to get a better look, but ????? She finally jumps, he cries and they are separated. Is he okay? Is it broken? What do I do??

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

He is most likely ok. It gets swollen when the deed is getting done to ensure proper breeding, it might have hurt but wouldn't have broken it.
But more than likely that female is bred and her owners should be told to keep her home.
The problem with intact guard dogs, they fore go their duties when "nature" calls.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Thing is, my poor boy is neutered! And also looking very upset!

poplar girl

poplar girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Shocked Can't say I have seen something along those lines before.

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh my neutered... well I do remember a case we had in Calgary that had a neutered male trying to breed his sister, they were stuck together for over a half an hour. Finally they did the same thing, the girl got scared and took off under a chair and the poor boy got dislodged. It is not common for a neutered male to have those urges...I hope he is ok.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have had neutered dogs breed bitches. Uncommon but not unknown. If the bitch is not freaking out, all is well. If she is, restrain her.

Sue

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I used to raise show dogs. It seemed the process takes forever. Poultry and cattle are sooo much faster.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Rabbits are the best. Bang, bang, bang, thump, DONE!

Sue

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

^ lol!

I’ve never seen such a thing myself, except in nature shows with wolves. Mating can be risky business for them as they often get “locked” together.

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I thought the 'locking' was a necessary step in the dog's breeding.

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Well then it sure must suck to be a male dog! Stupid thing is, she came by again this morning and the same thing happened! I keep telling him he's neutered but it doesn't seem to be kicking in!

Something doesn't seem to be sinking into the NEIGHBOUR'S head either!!!!

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

To be honest, I'd rather she think she was bred by my boy shooting blanks. The old guy lets her wander and shot the last bunch of puppies she had.

Giddyup

Giddyup

Nice. Sounds like someone else should be shot. Glad your boy is ok. I probably shouldn't even post but un-fixed (and wandering) pets really gets me angry.

My farrier does have this problem with his dogs though. He had not got his female fixed yet (7 months) and the neutered male is very willing. Dogs are happy, the owner is not!

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

This is natural. Dogs must tie on breeding or 'wishful' breeding in this case. The more the female fights or male fights the longer they will stay tied. If the tie seems to be taking too long restrain the female so she does not hurt your boy, but it is common for the male to whimper or whine while tied. Hopefully the female is happy with visiting your boy and he does not get hurt so she does not breed with an unfixed male!!

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum