Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hatching egg blow out sale.

+2
Anna
Dan Smith
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hatching egg blow out sale. Empty Hatching egg blow out sale. Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:02 pm

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

All hatching eggs are selling at 1/3 of the normal cost. Farm pick up only. Will ship but at higher rate but still less than usual.

Whitmore Black / Blue Copper Marans ..Reg 60.00 per doz now 20.00 per doz

Whitmore Welsummer reg 36.00 per doz now 12.00 per doz

Barnevelders reg 30.00 per doz now 10.00 per doz

Whitmore True Ameraucana reg 36.00 per doz now 12.00 per doz

Austalorp reg 24.00 per doz now 8.00 per doz

Partridge Chantecler reg 30.00 per doz now 10.00 per doz.

French Wheaton Marans reg 48.00 per doz now 16.00 per doz.

Call for details or any questions. 403 240-2275 Dan

2Hatching egg blow out sale. Empty Re: Hatching egg blow out sale. Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:12 pm

Anna

Anna

Oh no,
I have said "no more" to myself, but this is soooooo.....
And next week, I have to go to Calgary.....

I will check back on Monday, to see what's still available.

3Hatching egg blow out sale. Empty Re: Hatching egg blow out sale. Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:04 pm

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hi Anna, I will honor the price next week for the eggs that haven't been laid yet. So you know they will be fresh as are these.

4Hatching egg blow out sale. Empty Re: Hatching egg blow out sale. Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:59 pm

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I don't mind hatching this late at all because even if I hatch early spring the pullets barely get started laying and then they stop for the winter for the most part unless you have the coop really warm. If hatching now or even as late as the end of December then the pullets will be laying by early spring which is just dandy. Up until now I have had very warm coops and have always had good laying all winter but I have decided not to do that anymore. I don't have enough buyers for hatching or eating eggs in the winter and have been throwing buckets of eggs over the fence for the coyote's all winter long so I have decided to have colder coops so most of them stop laying over the winter. There will always be some hens who will lay in spite of the cold and that is o.k. because we do need some eggs. I believe that if most of them are not laying in the winter then I will be hauling less water to the coops because a laying hen needs a lot of water each day to build the egg and also the feed cost should go down as well since they don't need as much protein and other good stuff.

Hatching egg blow out sale. Th_IMGP2766

5Hatching egg blow out sale. Empty Re: Hatching egg blow out sale. Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:24 pm

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I forgot to mention that you will need to click on the picture because it is a short video. Also the eggs are actually darker than they appear in the video probably due to glare.

6Hatching egg blow out sale. Empty Re: Hatching egg blow out sale. Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:25 pm

Anna

Anna

I like the eggs, but do you also have pictures of the birds?
I might be interested in the Wheaton Marans and the Ameraucana eggs.

7Hatching egg blow out sale. Empty Re: Hatching egg blow out sale. Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:05 pm

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hi Anna, I will try to take pics tomorrow.

8Hatching egg blow out sale. Empty Re: Hatching egg blow out sale. Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:41 pm

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hi dan,

Would you be able to ship to BC? I would be interested in some marans. Please let me know,

Thanks anne

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

9Hatching egg blow out sale. Empty Re: Hatching egg blow out sale. Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:14 am

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hi Anne, Yes I can ship to B.C. but the cost of the eggs is more than farm gate pick up. Call me for details . 403 240.2275 or email me your phone number and I will call you because I have unlimited long distance.

10Hatching egg blow out sale. Empty Re: Hatching egg blow out sale. Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:49 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Geesh, I have to ask, because I keep forgetting. I recall seeing the eggs called "BC Marans". Whose line of Marans is that? I have always been curious to ask, but then always forget to ask. Please tell me whose line those are....have a wonderful and beautiful day, CynthiaM.

11Hatching egg blow out sale. Empty Re: Hatching egg blow out sale. Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:22 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Cindi, I think he means Black Copper, not BC as in the province.

12Hatching egg blow out sale. Empty Re: Hatching egg blow out sale. Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:16 pm

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Coopslave is correct. These Black/ Blue Copper Marans come from Whitmore Farms in Maryland USA . You can go to their web site to see what they look like and how dark the eggs are. My eggs are not as dark as they were all fall and winter but as the spring rolled around the eggs are slowly getting lighter. Next winter I am going to have colder coops to encourage most of the hens to stop laying so that they don't use up all of their color pigment and so I will expect them to lay darker eggs all spring , summer and fall.

13Hatching egg blow out sale. Empty Re: Hatching egg blow out sale. Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:21 pm

Anna

Anna

Did you get my PM?

14Hatching egg blow out sale. Empty Re: Hatching egg blow out sale. Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:08 pm

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Yes Anna I did and I requested your phone number if that is o.k.

15Hatching egg blow out sale. Empty Re: Hatching egg blow out sale. Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:30 am

Red Willow

Hi Dan I sent you a PM just wondering if you got it?

16Hatching egg blow out sale. Empty Re: Hatching egg blow out sale. Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:46 pm

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Red Willow wrote:Hi Dan I sent you a PM just wondering if you got it?

Did you send it in the form of an email to my email acct? which is wonderbar53@hotmail.com could you send it again? Thanks

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum