Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jersey Giants wanted

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jersey Giants wanted Empty Jersey Giants wanted Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:04 am

niglefritz

If you know of a source for the jersey giants in Canada, please let me know. Thanks!

2Jersey Giants wanted Empty Re: Jersey Giants wanted Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:56 pm

barnyardcritters Jr.

barnyardcritters Jr.

http://monkmanspoultry.wixsite.com/monkmanspoultry/jersey-giants
He is in Manitoba. He starts taking orders Jan. 1. They look quite nice. There is also a breeder on the Island I think. I can't recall name. I too am looking especially for Vivan Busat lines as she had brought some up from Sandhill Preservation who had lines from Golda Miller.

http://www.freewebs.com/barnyardcritters

3Jersey Giants wanted Empty Re: Jersey Giants wanted Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:25 pm

niglefritz

I found some Blues. The rooster is now 11 1/2 months old, the 2 pullets are 3 months. They are a very deep blue. They are beautiful. I am very pleased with them overall so far, but they are still timid.

I had someone do the contacting and picking up, and she forgot to ask the lines as I had requested. I will see if I can post a picture here for you.

I did find Monkmans after I initially posted here. I hope to order a few Blacks and some other birds come Jan. 1. Thanks for the link!

Jersey Giants wanted 20160807_201404_zpsciksnsud

4Jersey Giants wanted Empty Re: Jersey Giants wanted Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:27 pm

barnyardcritters Jr.

barnyardcritters Jr.

He is a good looking boy! Hard to tell with the young girls but they have a looong way to fill out. Good black Jersey giants(aside many other points to take into consideration) should have yellow bottomed feet.

http://www.freewebs.com/barnyardcritters

5Jersey Giants wanted Empty Re: Jersey Giants wanted Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:23 am

niglefritz

Yes, I read a while ago that they should have yellow bottomed feet. I didn't check him upon release at home (I didn't know that at that time) and have yet to get close enough to him to even just touch him. Maybe we should just use the chicken leg catcher. I was hoping to check a little less threatening possibly, but that should work.

The girls are young, but starting to grow fast. I am excited to see how they will turn out. Very Happy

The rooster & pullets are unrelated...the one being from AB and the other from ON. I don't remember who is from where at the moment.

I am learning as I go. I notice (just saw this yesterday) that his comb has too uneven of a seration. I think that his shape, tail and leg length are good though. I will see how the offspring is next year.

They are so beautiful and I am pleased with them so far.

6Jersey Giants wanted Empty He has yellow Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:34 pm

niglefritz

I checked him. He certainly has a yellow foot bottom. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum