Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Success! - Brinsea Oct 40 with Doms

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Success! - Brinsea Oct 40 with Doms Empty Success! - Brinsea Oct 40 with Doms Wed May 06, 2015 11:54 am

Prairie_Crocus

Prairie_Crocus

Hi Everyone,
It's been ages since I posted, but I thought I'd let everyone know about the great success I've had. I am hatching dominque's in a Brinsea Octagon 40 with humidity pump. I collected eggs over 14 days - a bit long, but my breeders were just coming on and I wanted a full bator! I started with 35 eggs. At day 7, I candled and found 34 fertile, and 1 clear. Nice! Of the 34 fertile, 2 had cracks, so I discarded. That left 32. At day 18, I locked down and raised the humidity. The hatch was a little bit draggy - probably because I collected eggs over such a long period...But 30/32 that went into lock-down hatched. 29/30 were healthy beautiful chicks. One chick looked normal when it hatched, but was not growing. At the end of the first week, it had not grown and was becoming weak, while the other chicks towered over it and ran it over. I culled it. So summary - I collected 35 eggs and got 29 healthy chicks. I'm very happy - great fertility and hatchability. I am starting another batch today!

If I ever have time to learn to post pictures, I'll put some up!

2Success! - Brinsea Oct 40 with Doms Empty Re: Success! - Brinsea Oct 40 with Doms Wed May 06, 2015 4:33 pm

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

yay! thats great news prairie crocus! so glad you are doing so well with the doms and your new brinsea...gotta love that fertility...i find one or two roos can cover up to 24 hens even while freeranging and not much feather loss along with it..those boys are active but graceful!

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

3Success! - Brinsea Oct 40 with Doms Empty Re: Success! - Brinsea Oct 40 with Doms Wed May 06, 2015 4:40 pm

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Congrats will watch for pictures
When you figure it out

4Success! - Brinsea Oct 40 with Doms Empty Re: Success! - Brinsea Oct 40 with Doms Wed May 06, 2015 4:51 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Great fertility!

I usually collect eggs for up to a month and I find they hatch just fine.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum