Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Now at 2 months

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Now at 2 months Empty Now at 2 months Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:31 am

kcampbell

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by kcampbell on Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total

http://campbellcreekfarm.com

2Now at 2 months Empty Re: Now at 2 months Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:33 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Lovely to see pictures of youngsters as they grow up. Are these the white chantecler breed? And...is this the group that you hatched out? And you tagged to see if they were male or female? It seems to me that these may all be pullets, which is good, I would think. By now (although I have never raised the breed) I would think that cockerels would be showing red comb and wattles. I know when I was into breeding gold laced wyandottes, by about 6 weeks it was very clearly evident that males, due to the red wattles and combs, but that is rose comb, chantecler have cushion comb. Just curious. I do recall your other thread about the babies, but not in great detail. Thanks for sharing, have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

3Now at 2 months Empty Re: Now at 2 months Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:23 am

kcampbell

Hi Cynthia - yes this is the group I hatched and I have to correct the age - Born Nov 9th - so only 2 months - do not know why I was thinking 3 months. One Cockerel for sure - he is quite a bit larger than these four girls as well. Next batch in 3-4 days now. Highly recommend the Chanteclers - Very fertile!! And no lack of eggs even on the coldest days

4Now at 2 months Empty Re: Now at 2 months Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:20 pm

Derbyshire

Derbyshire

They are doing very well and look lovely. Can you post some pictures of the eggs? I have heard that some can be almost white.

5Now at 2 months Empty egg colours - Chantecler Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:55 pm

kcampbell

Here are some pics with Chantelcler eggs in them - the scale shows the average wt (grams) of the darker eggs - the lighter coloured tends to be a bit smaller and lighter.  
The darker coloured ones (solid coloured) are the Chanty eggs getting collected right now (the ones with the speckles on them are Beltsville eggs being collected as well - gives you an idea of size comparison.
The eggs in the incubator (bottom row only) are both the light and darker coloured Chanty eggs - only one of the eggs is a BSW turkey eggs.

Hope this was helpful

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

6Now at 2 months Empty Re: Now at 2 months Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:04 am

Derbyshire

Derbyshire

Yes, thanks! That's a nice handy little scale you have- where did you get it?

7Now at 2 months Empty Re: Now at 2 months Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:12 am

kcampbell

It is a great little tool to have - I have so much fun weighing to see which hen has heavier eggs and then wait for hatch day to see if egg wt has any dif. on birth wt. Just a ME thing - strange to others LOL Amazon.ca many dif kinds on there and they are fast getting here and inexpensive.

8Now at 2 months Empty Re: Now at 2 months Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:25 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

kcampbell, that is nice to see, I love to see pictures of chicks, have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

9Now at 2 months Empty Re: Now at 2 months Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:29 pm

Derbyshire

Derbyshire

That's funny, I weigh eggs all the time too, (just curious) but they are ones purchased from our Raw dog food supplier because I don't have chickens yet. Some of those red sex links crank out 85 gram eggs. I have old technology ( a triple beam balance). I think I'll order a little scale like yours. It looks very handy!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum