Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Snow!!!!!!!

+7
Schipperkesue
bckev
okanagan_peppers
heda gobbler
Bob G
IzzyD
viczoe
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Snow!!!!!!! Empty Snow!!!!!!! Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:48 am

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

We have snow of EPIC[ Depth here right now and still snowing. I have been here 5 years and never seen anything like it. We are Okanogan people please send Albertans to dig us out affraid

Heather

http://www.triple-h.ca

2Snow!!!!!!! Empty Re: Snow!!!!!!! Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:33 pm

IzzyD

IzzyD

I had to dig my way to the barn this morning.❄️

3Snow!!!!!!! Empty Re: Snow!!!!!!! Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:40 pm

Bob G

Our snow is rapidly turning into a muddy mess , raining as per usual.

4Snow!!!!!!! Empty Re: Snow!!!!!!! Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:21 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

It has been snowing here for the last 24 hours almost non stop. The plough went by last night but I only know because of the banks on the side of the road - the snow on the road is up to my axles again. Nice dry snow though and a constant -15C day and night. Mountain weather. Glad I don't have to try the Highway!

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

5Snow!!!!!!! Empty Re: Snow!!!!!!! Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:08 pm

okanagan_peppers

okanagan_peppers

Woo hoo... yep we got snow Very Happy 17 inches and it doesn't look like it's going to stop any time soon. I'll take this snow over rain or that -40 brrrrrrr

6Snow!!!!!!! Empty Re: Snow!!!!!!! Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:59 pm

bckev

bckev
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

four and half hours of plowing in the last 12 hours

7Snow!!!!!!! Empty Re: Snow!!!!!!! Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:22 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

viczoe wrote:We have snow of EPIC[ Depth here right now and still snowing. I have been here 5 years and never seen anything like it. We are Okanogan people please send Albertans to dig us out affraid

Heather

I am on my way, Heather! My trusty shovel, plow and snowblower are all ready to go!

8Snow!!!!!!! Empty Re: Snow!!!!!!! Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:19 am

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Get here fast Sue 2 feet and counting. My poor hubby was in the Bobcat for many hours and I worked the Shovel for at least 7 hrs and to top it off our power went off at 2:00 in the afternoon and just came back on now at midnight. Our poor cat made it from his one building somehow and had to dig his way into to cat door to the barn. I am so exhausted I cannot sleep. So Sue strap a harness to them Cornish and get hear quick, as it's still snowing but on the upside it is quite warm.

Heather

9Snow!!!!!!! Empty Re: Snow!!!!!!! Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:07 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Good morning Heather, I hope you got some sleep, smiling that big smile. We are not far from you, as the crow flies, about 20 minutes driving the road, smiling again. We have epic snow too, and being close to the mountains, I think the clouds have dropped every last bit of snow on earth here Laughing . I detest the stuff. I know your plight with plowing and shovelling. Us too. Thank our lucky stars Son-in-Law has his bobcat and has that 12 wide attachment so he can shovel. We look like we have mountains of snow on the side of our parking area, awful. And Hubby has been out with his shovel too. He gave up on the chickens' runs, and said he would just wait until the snow stops. They are housebound right now, smiling again. Son-in-Law said that they haven't had snow here like this since the year of 2008, that was a bad year like this one. Yikers. Yes, Hubby went out mid-day yesterday and measured the snow in the field 24 inches overnight and up until that time. Since that time, there has been no less than another 8 inches that has come down. Right now, I can see the mountains and there is no snow. Hoping for no more. We have not had power outage, please be careful with the snow and don't hurt yourself doing that work. It is dreadful and I wish it would go. I can't imagine what it will be like when snow melt begins around beginning of March (well, that is my short experience of 4 years in this area of when the melt begins). Gonna be nasty in about 2 months, oh my, my. Have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

10Snow!!!!!!! Empty Re: Snow!!!!!!! Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:10 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

*Thinking about a team of Cornish Bantams pulling a sleigh and smiling!*

Perhaps one of the Houdans could pull lead and a couple LF Whites in wheel...

11Snow!!!!!!! Empty Re: Snow!!!!!!! Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:17 am

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

A Houdan should definitely pull lead. =)

12Snow!!!!!!! Empty Re: Snow!!!!!!! Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:34 am

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Good morning everyone. Oh my Sue thinking about you gliding down the highway with a crazy looking Houdan and 2 big white Cornish pulling a sled loaded With snow moving implements is enough is enough to throw me into the first fit of laughter I have had since this snow landed.
Cindi I feel for you guys as you are very close to us. I too love the view of the mountains that surround our valley and in listening to the weather this morning we had twice as much snow as the summit of the Coquahalllia highway which is unheard of. Take care everyone

Heather

13Snow!!!!!!! Empty Re: Snow!!!!!!! Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:35 am

IzzyD

IzzyD

Sled chickens, that's hilarious!!

14Snow!!!!!!! Empty Re: Snow!!!!!!! Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:49 pm

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

We got the BIG dump also..... DISLIKE! Alyssa cleared the runs and cleaned off the wire over the runs. Our big dogs are loving it .... little dogs, not so much. Horses don't seem to mind at all but I am finding it takes twice as long to do chores. Blah soon it will be mud.

15Snow!!!!!!! Empty Re: Snow!!!!!!! Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:32 am

Mel

Could be a perfect opportunity for us Albertans to sneak in under snow cover and relieve you of some of your bird population!! evil grin......

16Snow!!!!!!! Empty Re: Snow!!!!!!! Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:49 pm

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Careful Mel I know who you are and that you own a certain little Crele pullet that I covent and I am certain she would jump at the chance to move to our beautiful valley.
So the Okanogan(our area) has not had this much snow in 78 years and to top things off it rained on Tuesday/ Wednesday. All the snow on our barns and shop has now come off so more work with the Bobcat for hubby. I am so happy we bought it with us when we moved from our farm in Alberta but hubby has spent more in the machine in the last 3 days than he has in the 5 years we have lived here.

Heather

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum