Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The final results

+7
bcboy
Echo 1
Farmer Bob
IzzyD
CynthiaM
heda gobbler
Alyssa Patterson
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26The final results - Page 2 Empty Re: The final results Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:44 am

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I get a pretty hard time at work about her showing chickens and occasionally having them in the house. I just tell them that there are much worse things she could be doing!

27The final results - Page 2 Empty Re: The final results Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:05 am

Alyssa Patterson

Alyssa Patterson

Echo1
Mom I was not born 100 years late, the farm didn't have indoor plumbing 100 years ago nor did it have internet. I can live without internet but I need indoor plumbing..... outhouses scare me Very Happy

http://www.riverbendheritagepoultry.com

28The final results - Page 2 Empty Re: The final results Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:51 am

IzzyD

IzzyD

Ah hahaha

29The final results - Page 2 Empty Re: The final results Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:13 pm

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Pumpkin soup is delish! Top with Parmesan cheese and croutons......I am thankful the chickens decided they did not need ALL 70 pumpkins!

30The final results - Page 2 Empty Re: The final results Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:04 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

This is a wonderful thread, and I always listen with keen interest about people working and saving their own food for their home larders. I too am a food preserver, so always listen...smiling...I never seem to do anything small. I have been saving the bones from our chicken meals for about 6 months. Took all those bones yesterday and into the stock pot and made a huge stock, now today I have to pick through everything and get the tidbits of meat and juice into jars. Then process. Yesterday I made a double batch of filling for chicken pot pies. I used two of the big boy orpingtons, absolutely fabulous! Only thing is. I never do anything small...I doubled and a halfed the filling recipe. I had forgot that recipe had already been written down in quadruple, until I got part way into making the filling. I have a whole lotta chicken pot pie filling and now today, along with picking meat off bones, I had to make who knows how many batches of pastry dough. I use my food processor for making the dough and boy, so fast and the best dough I have ever worked with, tender as tender can be. Ya, so off today to do a huge work job with our own farm grown brids, yippee!! Have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

31The final results - Page 2 Empty Re: The final results Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:18 am

IzzyD

IzzyD

I have never tried pumpkin soup before, sounds tasty

32The final results - Page 2 Empty WOW!! I am extremely impressed with Alyssa! Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:23 pm

kcampbell

You guys are so resourceful!  Wonderful job!

http://campbellcreekfarm.com

33The final results - Page 2 Empty Re: The final results Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:50 pm

debbiej

Full Time Member
Full Time Member

It's so nice to see others are making use of their roosters too. I've been canning for years and thoroughly enjoy it , the food is so much healthier and tasty. I make squash soup, but haven't tried pumpkin soup yet. My chickens love pumpkin

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum