Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

So Where is everyone?

+24
SerJay
appway
KathyS
Jonny Anvil
Rasilon
islandgal99
Galep
ipf
Cathyjk
bigrock
Echo 1
rosewood
lanaire-ranching
DCChick
auntieevil
CynthiaM
smokyriver
Beep
Schipperkesue
toybarons
authenticfarm
Fowler
confused
Hidden River
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26So Where is everyone? - Page 2 Empty Re: So Where is everyone? Mon May 19, 2014 5:18 pm

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

well I miss the posts. This is my only chicken list. Myself I have nothing to write about. My chickens are not layingyet . Wish they would I haven't eatten an egg for quite a while. I moved them to the barn and they are with the roosters but no eggs yet.

27So Where is everyone? - Page 2 Empty Re: So Where is everyone? Mon May 19, 2014 5:20 pm

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

bigrock wrote:...
it is what it is.  Uno, Coopslave, Tara...and others who have also gone elsewhere.

where did they go and when

28So Where is everyone? - Page 2 Empty Re: So Where is everyone? Mon May 19, 2014 7:13 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Hey Everyone....
Guess that doesn't have the same meaning as it once did

For myself, I have been primarily occupied with schooling, on a journey of self discovery and healing. Still plugging away daily battling my health issues, but have come a long ways and have a way better understanding now. In counselling for and dealing with PTSD and anxiety as well as depression. Still having major issues with my GI tract, but putting the puzzle together after nearly 22 years and getting results. But my anxiety plays a huge role in my IBS, IBD etc.

Currently suffering from a bout of insomnia as well, so my schedule is way off.

Since my separation from Karrie I have been more or less reclusive and just keeping to myself, doing my own thing at my own pace, at my discretion. It has been a much needed wake up call to myself.

I also haven't been posting much anywhere, the last few posts I have made on public forums have been misunderstood, read out of context causing a whole lot of unnecessary, undesirable and stressful drama. Thankfully it was resolved and things have calmed down and I would prefer to keep it that way.

I am around, just not nearly as vocal as I once was...

For myself, it just feels like due to the circumstances that have unfolded over the past 8 months in my personal life, things have systematically taken a toll on myself in a physical & emotional manner, in the end I am feeling a little worn out. You could say that I try to wake up each day and drink a big ol cup of DGAF! Learning to let the negative roll off me like water on a duck's back.

I'm around, just have the sound down Razz

Jonny

29So Where is everyone? - Page 2 Empty Re: So Where is everyone? Mon May 19, 2014 7:31 pm

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Jonny Anvil wrote:Hey Everyone....
Guess that doesn't have the same meaning as it once did

For myself, I have been primarily occupied with schooling, on a journey of self discovery and healing. Still plugging away daily battling my health issues, but have come a long ways and have a way better understanding now. In counselling for and dealing with PTSD and anxiety as well as depression. Still having major issues with my GI tract, but putting the puzzle together after nearly 22 years and getting results. But my anxiety plays a huge role in my IBS, IBD etc.

Currently suffering from a bout of insomnia as well, so my schedule is way off.

Since my separation from Karrie I have been more or less reclusive and just keeping to myself, doing my own thing at my own pace, at my discretion. It has been a much needed wake up call to myself.

I also haven't been posting much anywhere, the last few posts I have made on public forums have been misunderstood, read out of context causing a whole lot of unnecessary, undesirable and stressful drama. Thankfully it was resolved and things have calmed down and I would prefer to keep it that way.

I am around, just not nearly as vocal as I once was...

For myself, it just feels like due to the circumstances that have unfolded over the past 8 months in my personal life, things have systematically taken a toll on myself in a physical & emotional manner, in the end I am feeling a little worn out. You could say that I try to wake up each day and drink a big ol cup of DGAF! Learning to let the negative roll off me like water on a duck's back.

I'm around, just have the sound down Razz

Jonny

Glad your still here

30So Where is everyone? - Page 2 Empty Re: So Where is everyone? Mon May 19, 2014 7:48 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

I'm like a weed, I may pop up every now and then, but I will never go away  Very Happy 

31So Where is everyone? - Page 2 Empty Re: So Where is everyone? Mon May 19, 2014 10:03 pm

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

I figured we were all on good behaviour because we know that Hidden River Ranch is a busy place at this time of year and didn't want to cause extra work for the moderator!  Laughing 

Actually, its a busy time everywhere! I still check in nearly every day to see what's new, but don't always take the time to comment. Things will probably pick up again as the spring rush settles down.

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

32So Where is everyone? - Page 2 Empty Re: So Where is everyone? Tue May 20, 2014 5:41 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

This sounds like a most interesting thread, where we are all bearing our souls. So I shall begin a short, I hope, journey of bearing my soul. I sorely miss my friends on this forum, but just too ding darn busy with other farmy type stuff. When Tara (HigginsRAT) left, that created a huge hole in my playground, her and I used to have such fun, I am sure we annoyed some, others delighted in the teasing. And then Coopslave got pissed off and left, but came back, left, came back, smiling, and then Uno got herself into trouble too, and got temporarily banned. Oh and Farmchiq got pissed off at someone and temporarily left too, but is back now and then. Those are the ones that I mostly played really hard with, and with them gone, such a hole, nothing much more to say really....life is short in the spring and summer months with regard to indoor activities. Even though I am up at 4:00 ish each day, I have so much internet stuff to do with corresponding with people, arranging sale of things and then outside so early, really, not much time to be on the internet. But I do check each day. I still love our forum, and I know as the winter again will approach, sure as days are becoming longer, I will be back with tales to spin of summer adventures, but summer....too much to do outside. And did I ever mention that I like to play outside more than I do inside ?  Cool Yes, so tromping through the tulies I go each day, not spending much time here, nor anywhere else on the internet, but a little here a little there and a little there. My story in a nutshell, smiling. Wishes for a beautiful day and a lovely summer to us all, CynthiaM.

33So Where is everyone? - Page 2 Empty Re: So Where is everyone? Thu May 22, 2014 7:52 am

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

I check in everyday but dont post alot as like others I am doing more as Darwin is gone alot so chores are all mine and some times after chores I am all worn out and cant do much but read
anyway figured I would post so people know I am still alive Just in case someone wondered LOL

34So Where is everyone? - Page 2 Empty Re: So Where is everyone? Thu May 22, 2014 10:49 am

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

It's busy season cleaning up after winter and enjoying being outside without 3+ layers of clothing Smile

My asthma has become worse and worse so I don't have much to do with my sons chickens now except when he lets them out in the yard to free range Sad The feather dust kills me so no more hatching. I'm even leaving all the duckling/gosling hatching to my girls this year. So I don't have much chicken stuff to talk about now.

I did just get the great pleasure of meeting Heda who brought my son 10 new chickies to cuddle and care for Smile She also had a big gorgeous Highland boy along in her trailer that I wanted to snuggle Smile We have some great people on this forum and the people I have met or talked to personally have all been wonderful. I miss the chatter and off topic stuff though so haven't been checking in as often since there just isn't much for me to respond to anymore

35So Where is everyone? - Page 2 Empty Re: So Where is everyone? Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:09 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

KathyS wrote:I figured we were all on good behaviour because we know that Hidden River Ranch is a busy place at this time of year and didn't want to cause extra work for the moderator!   Laughing 

Laughing Same here.

I still check in, but haven't had much time for any online stuff lately. Just been so crazy busy around here. But now that we finally bagged the tree killers in our pond (YESSS) and thinned the sapsucker population down to a manageable level, I should actually have some spare time in the evenings....if I don't get sucked into chick TV that is.  Wink hehe

36So Where is everyone? - Page 2 Empty Re: So Where is everyone? Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:52 am

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

Tree killers? Tell us more...
You have a pond?  I have two mama ducks setting maybe you need a duck family soon?!

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

37So Where is everyone? - Page 2 Empty Re: So Where is everyone? Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:12 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Tree killers = beavers. We seem to have a real problem with them wanting to move in here. I'm going to make a post in the photo section and show ya first hand what I'm talking about.

And yes, we have a pond (technically it's a dugout, but pond sounds much nicer, lol) that'd be perfect for some waterfowl in the future.  I just want to be set up for summer AND winter housing first this time around. Also gives me more time to work on hubby about trying geese again. Almost got him convinced they'd be good beaver deterrents. haha So hopefully by next year.  Smile

38So Where is everyone? - Page 2 Empty Re; So where is everyone Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:10 pm

newbe enthusiast

newbe enthusiast

Playing with the chickens I got from you. They are getting big!

39So Where is everyone? - Page 2 Empty Re: So Where is everyone? Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:04 pm

Been busy at home and with family. Having a great spring, looking forward to summer. Enjoying our new young gelding, Howdy.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And trying to stay clear of any online tomfoolery. 

40So Where is everyone? - Page 2 Empty Re: So Where is everyone? Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:33 pm

debbiej

Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Fowler wrote:Very true.  Under the new Admn, the rules of ACE have become much more logical.  The dreaded forbidden posting of other forums is gone.  I'm quite certain Hidden herself would be welcome (considering the last Admin ridiculously banned her for simply starting this forum).
 Yes Fowler   Hidden  is welcome to come back to ACE, things are a lot better now, very few rules Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum