Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sexing Mille Fleur D'Uccles.

+3
Blue Hill Farm
k.r.l
harrop'shens
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sexing Mille Fleur D'Uccles. Empty Sexing Mille Fleur D'Uccles. Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:44 pm

harrop'shens

harrop'shens

I have three lovely little Millies. I will try to take pictures tomorrow. Two have very upright tail feathers and the third has tail feathers that hang down. No wattle or big combs yet. Any ideas? Two cockerals and one pullet?

Jen

2Sexing Mille Fleur D'Uccles. Empty Re: Sexing Mille Fleur D'Uccles. Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:31 pm

harrop'shens

harrop'shens

Okay, the rain has finally subsided so we could get pics. Even a wee bit of sunshine for a brief moment!!

Here is the 3 week old D'Uccles.

Sexing Mille Fleur D'Uccles. IMG_8185
Sexing Mille Fleur D'Uccles. IMG_8184

Then these two little lovelies are 6 weeks old. Both pullets?

Sexing Mille Fleur D'Uccles. IMG_8178

Here is one close up.
Sexing Mille Fleur D'Uccles. IMG_8177

Here is the other.

Sexing Mille Fleur D'Uccles. IMG_8170
Sexing Mille Fleur D'Uccles. IMG_8173

I think now 3 pullets maybe??

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Jen

3Sexing Mille Fleur D'Uccles. Empty Re: Sexing Mille Fleur D'Uccles. Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:57 pm

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

harrop'shens your pictures are too big to fit on my screen. The chicks heads are off the screen.sorry

4Sexing Mille Fleur D'Uccles. Empty Re: Sexing Mille Fleur D'Uccles. Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:00 pm

harrop'shens

harrop'shens

Oops! Sorry! How do I resize them to fit?

5Sexing Mille Fleur D'Uccles. Empty Re: Sexing Mille Fleur D'Uccles. Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:04 pm

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

just edit the post and I believe the best size picture to use is the blog size ( I think you used the website size). It only seems to be an issue on non widescreen computers.

6Sexing Mille Fleur D'Uccles. Empty Re: Sexing Mille Fleur D'Uccles. Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:12 pm

harrop'shens

harrop'shens

Okay, here goes again, see if I did this right.

3 week old

Sexing Mille Fleur D'Uccles. IMG_8185-1

7Sexing Mille Fleur D'Uccles. Empty Re: Sexing Mille Fleur D'Uccles. Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:22 pm

harrop'shens

harrop'shens

Here are the 6 week olds.

Sexing Mille Fleur D'Uccles. IMG_8178-1

Sexing Mille Fleur D'Uccles. IMG_8177-1

Sexing Mille Fleur D'Uccles. IMG_8170-2

8Sexing Mille Fleur D'Uccles. Empty Re: Sexing Mille Fleur D'Uccles. Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:10 pm

harrop'shens

harrop'shens

Okay, someone mentioned that they thought all three were roos. Pleeassseeeee let me know what you think.

9Sexing Mille Fleur D'Uccles. Empty Re: Sexing Mille Fleur D'Uccles. Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:39 pm

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sorry I'm no help with sexing. They sure are cute. Smile

10Sexing Mille Fleur D'Uccles. Empty Re: Sexing Mille Fleur D'Uccles. Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:08 pm

harrop'shens

harrop'shens

Thanks Flicker Chick. They are so sweet. I am just disappointed that I might have 3 roos. We had hoped for a little trio. They are the only surviving Millies.

11Sexing Mille Fleur D'Uccles. Empty Re: Sexing Mille Fleur D'Uccles. Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:52 am

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Well I am not an expert but the combs are pretty little. I had read some where that their combs pop up fairly obviously between 3 and 4 weeks. I have a porcalin hen thats about 12 weeks and her comb is no bigger then that. I also have three mille fleur chicks that are almost 2 weeks old that I am hoping for a trio! Time will tell!

Anne

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

12Sexing Mille Fleur D'Uccles. Empty Re: Sexing Mille Fleur D'Uccles. Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:14 am

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Jen, having had a closer look at these babies and comparing them to mine the exact same age, the combs on my boys are clearly much pinker than yours (yours aren't showing any pink). I'll bet you've got yourself all females or at least majority with always the possibility that you could have a slow maturing roo.

Hopefully that makes up for all those buff cochin boys you got!

13Sexing Mille Fleur D'Uccles. Empty Re: Sexing Mille Fleur D'Uccles. Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:11 am

maddyfofatty

maddyfofatty

I say ALL pullets because of the feathers - generally females feather faster (say that 3 times fast). Girl Power!! Very Happy

14Sexing Mille Fleur D'Uccles. Empty Re: Sexing Mille Fleur D'Uccles. Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:34 pm

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I am wondering if you know what everyone is in your group now? Mine are 6 weeks old now and I am still confused as well. All three have decent combs that a quite pink. Two the chicks are fairly dark like yours but have some white wing feathers comming out now and the other is quite light more like a hen colour. Confuses here still!

Anne

15Sexing Mille Fleur D'Uccles. Empty Re: Sexing Mille Fleur D'Uccles. Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:38 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I was given this advice. Look at them in profile. If you can see the comb above the feathers- boy, if you can't see the comb- girl.

16Sexing Mille Fleur D'Uccles. Empty Re: Sexing Mille Fleur D'Uccles. Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:41 pm

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Bummer I think I have all boys then pale

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum