Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

It might be happening!!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1It might be happening!! Empty It might be happening!! Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:28 pm

DCChick

DCChick
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

There is a chance that I may have a baby goat in my near future!  Very Happy 

My husband met me at the door when I got home from work and told me to get out to the barn, one of the girls is acting strange. He says she was laying with her head against the wall making funny little sounds. She got up when I went in. Her back end looks a bit loose and sloppy and I could not feel much for ligaments and she looks "hollow" on either side of her tail.

She's big as a house and has been bagging up for a 2-3 weeks. I believe she has kidded before because she had large test when I bought her.

I can hardly control myself!!

2It might be happening!! Empty Re: It might be happening!! Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:32 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

So exciting DC hopefully she kids no problems. We are anxiously waiting for our first lambs to arrive, last year we had some a couple days early and so far nothing yet, today would have been perfect but we are dropping into a deep freeze after today so probably will have lots coming then... We are due to start Friday so will see.
Can't wait to see pictures of your babies when they come.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

3It might be happening!! Empty Re: It might be happening!! Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:42 pm

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Fingers and toes crossed!

4It might be happening!! Empty Re: It might be happening!! Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:43 pm

DCChick

DCChick
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Well I am fairly certain it won't be tonight. I just check her and she just stood there eating and staring at me. Her due date is actually any day between the 28th and March 13.

5It might be happening!! Empty Re: It might be happening!! Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:17 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sometimes they are just so full they lay and grunt. We have a ewe here that grunts with every step she takes, from 4 months pregnancy till she lambs, quite amusing.
Sometimes it is hard to know if they are in labor or just uncomfortable. Hopefully babies come soon for you.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum