Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sadness, three lives have passed

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sadness, three lives have passed Empty Sadness, three lives have passed Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:22 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

It is time to tell of my feelings. Been a very rough four weeks emotionally for me, but I feel I can speak now to my sadness. Last week on Wedenesday my Father passed from this world. Two Wednesdays before that, we had to make a choice to put down our old dog Coder. Two passings in the past three weeks, awful. And then there was the passing of Coopslave’s Husband, I did not know him, but knew Coopslave. Three in the past three weeks, sigh...

It really is a blessing that my Father has gone on. He has been in bed in a wonderful care home for many years, and I know he would want to be with my Mother, who passed 35 years ago. It was a good thing, but still strikes the heart deep. As we remember, as they once were.

On the same side of the coin, it is a blessing that our old dog, Coder, left too. He was 14, a Doberman Rottwheiller cross. Near to blind, and hearing gone, back legs becoming very weak and not well in most senses. Still hard to make that choice, but I took him for his last ride to the veterinary clinic and bid my farwell.

I am so happy that spring is coming. I am hatching chicks. And new life begins in so many ways, we remember the loved ones gone and we carry forward. Wishes for us all to have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

2Sadness, three lives have passed Empty Re: Sadness, three lives have passed Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:35 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Aw, Cynthia...my dear friend. I am sad for you, you know I would lean over and give you a hug on your short, sweet self. I send a blessing for your heart and a prayer that Spring comes sooner, just for you.

3Sadness, three lives have passed Empty Re: Sadness, three lives have passed Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:29 am

It will be a longer journey for our Coopslave to move on from her loss, but hopefully Spring comes soon for all of us in all it's glory and lifts spirits, and temperatures. At the very least it will provide distraction.

You know you have my shoulder, ear, company, any time it suits you. xo (Cindi, Joan, anyone who needs it).

4Sadness, three lives have passed Empty Re: Sadness, three lives have passed Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:02 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

You have our sympathy. My wife has been struggling with the loss of her sister in October.

5Sadness, three lives have passed Empty Re: Sadness, three lives have passed Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:43 pm

Buff

Buff

Sorry for your losses CyntiaM my deepest sympathy.

6Sadness, three lives have passed Empty Re: Sadness, three lives have passed Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:32 pm

bigrock

bigrock
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Huge hugs to you Cindi. It seems there is a lot of loss circulating; time that has made me reflect on my own mortality. Life is short. We don't know how long we have. We love our human counter parts...our animal counter parts...and we all pass. I never do very well with this sort of thing. It just seems surreal when people are gone from our lives; or when our animal friends are gone from our lives. How does one deal with this sort of thing? I hide; retreat into solitude. I feel so much for you and Coopslave. You both are in my thoughts almost all day, and my heart goes out to you both.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum