Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Just checking in.

+2
mirycreek
chickeesmom
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Just checking in. Empty Just checking in. Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:47 pm

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hello to all the new members, had a chance to go up north for a week, missed welcoming you all into our kitchen. Do you take cream or sugar in your coffee? Ha Ha.
I have chicks running all over the place, so many I can't keep track, Mamma's clucking like crazy, and I am sure very frantic if they hear someone else's chick peeping like mad. Actually it is a bit of a mad house right now.
I just took the LAST hatch out of the incubator, a few stragglers and then it is getting a good cleaning and going to be unplugged. This last hatch was one of the better ones.
Never did end up with any turkeys or ducks, and the one little duck that hatched died. So guess that wasn't meant to be.
I just had a Beltville turkey hen come off the nest with one lonely little Chantecler chick, now that will be something if it makes it. Will try and get some pictures.
My computer has been soooo painstakenly slow, so I have bought a new one, and now to get everything switched over!! If I don't check in for awhile I will be here swearing and cursing at the old and the new one.
The rain just never lets up. We have almost four inches now, haven't had rain like that for years. The garden is growing like mad, we just need some warmer nights.
Well enough rambling for now.
Vivian

2Just checking in. Empty Re: Just checking in. Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:59 pm

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

Nice to see you again! Good on you getting a new computer...hope you get it figured out quickly.
I never thanked you properly for the plants, they are doing well...lots of different tomatoes and three little alpine climbing flowers? Did Anna get that right?
I planted them up against a lattice so hoping they will like to climb up that...
That is Too bad you never got any ducks hatched after all...we have a momma sitting right now so hope she can come off with a bunch..

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

3Just checking in. Empty Re: Just checking in. Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:05 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Welcome back from your trip Chickeesmom, good luck setting up your new computer.
I can only imagine the craziness of all those broody mommas in your barn.
I have one last set of eggs to go in my bator as well then done for the summer. Need to take some time off and clean out pens to let the little replacement pullets grow up well for next year. I was short some in a few breeds that is why the last hatch needs to go in.
We have had lots of rain too, never felt humidity in our parts like this before, up to 25 today and just drenched no matter where you went or what you did, almost had to pull out the kiddie pool for myself. LOL

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

4Just checking in. Empty Re: Just checking in. Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:11 pm

Amy

Amy
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

It was nice to see you and thanks so much for bringing the ducklings Smile They fit right in with the 22 I have Very Happy Its sunny here today but there is more rain in the forcast.

5Just checking in. Empty Re: Just checking in. Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:15 pm

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I was wondering where you went? Nice to have you back. Smile

6Just checking in. Empty Re: Just checking in. Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:14 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sounds like you have your hands full in one of the best possible ways; new fuzzies!!! Laughing Best of luck getting the new computer up and running. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum