Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Picture Butte Auction this weekend

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Picture Butte Auction this weekend Empty Picture Butte Auction this weekend Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:21 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

There is the regular Saturday auction with the odd and unusual side this weekend at Picture Butte. Birds sell at 10 am remaining items after usually around 11:30 am.

I plan on going with some of my youngest's bantam wyandotte's that we are over run with. Great birds but too many. Not sure what else we will take, hoping for another market sale soon to go to instead but we will have to see what comes up.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

2Picture Butte Auction this weekend Empty Re: Picture Butte Auction this weekend Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:05 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well this sale was a huge dissapointment.
Boxes of 6 Bantam Wyandotte Hens and 2 roosters went for $5 each...
Beautiful Silkie Rooster $1.
The only thing that sold well as my 5 week old barred rock pair, $20.

But I just wanted to get rid of the extras, should have just posted them for free on Kijiji. Another reason I really don't like auctions...

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

3Picture Butte Auction this weekend Empty Re: Picture Butte Auction this weekend Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:32 am

Anna

Anna

I was also very dissapointed.
I had 2 nice Bantam Blue Cochin roosters, one went for $5 the other for $1 (the box cost me $1.75 Mad )
Three Barnevelder hens with one rooster......$25 Sad

I was still watching when they sold your birds HR, but most people were already
inside watching the "regular" auction. This wasn't doing any good to the sale outside.
I didn't like it at all.

For me, it were mostly birds that I had to sell, due to running out of space Embarassed , but
next time, I will put them up for sale on Kijiji for free/low prices.

4Picture Butte Auction this weekend Empty Re: Picture Butte Auction this weekend Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:56 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Bummer. Sad

Auctions are so hit or miss. At the spring one in M.J. there were people paying top dollar for unhealthy looking layers that looked on there last legs. Suspect as well as paying new prices + some for old, rusty feeders they could get brand new down the street at Peavy Mart.

I just don't get it. scratch

5Picture Butte Auction this weekend Empty Re: Picture Butte Auction this weekend Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:11 am

DCChick

DCChick
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I agree that this auction was a bit of a let down. I had some of my extra roosters selling and got $1 each. I was wondering why they started the regular auction inside before they were done outside. I've never seen them do that before and it did take a lot buyers away from the O&U sale. Plus if you were after something still for sale outside you had to miss out on stuff inside. Bad planning on their part

6Picture Butte Auction this weekend Empty Re: Picture Butte Auction this weekend Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:29 pm

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'm really sorry to hear of the terrible prices you sellers ended up with. For all the trouble to box up your nice poultry and the time spent at the sale, and traveling - it is just so disappointing!

I know the bottom line is wanting to reduce your flocks, but there is a lot of time and money invested in your chicks, you expect to at least break even. It sounds like auctions are a gamble at the best of times, and the way they organized this one did't help matters.

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum