Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The bird of your nightmares....

+3
Echo 1
Schipperkesue
islandgal99
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The bird of your nightmares.... Empty The bird of your nightmares.... Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:37 pm

islandgal99

islandgal99
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I had to snopes check this when I saw it, but it's real - and it's the UGLIEST thing I've seen in a long time. Nightmares are made of this...this is one UGLY bird!!! Don't look if you want to sleep tonight...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

http://www.matadorfarm.ca

2The bird of your nightmares.... Empty Re: The bird of your nightmares.... Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:40 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Poor ting! He looks like he just needs cuddling and reassurance!

3The bird of your nightmares.... Empty Re: The bird of your nightmares.... Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:58 pm

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

It's adorable! I want one! I must admit that the picture of the bird with unequal pupils concerns me...often a sign of brain injury. I have a dog that is in the "So ugly she's cute category" Maybe they could share.......

4The bird of your nightmares.... Empty Re: The bird of your nightmares.... Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:14 pm

islandgal99

islandgal99
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Here's another pic...

5The bird of your nightmares.... Empty Re: The bird of your nightmares.... Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:04 am

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

I just did a general search for Potoo bird. I think it's cute  Very Happy 

6The bird of your nightmares.... Empty Re: The bird of your nightmares.... Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:53 pm

Looks a lot like a Whippoorwill  ?

7The bird of your nightmares.... Empty Re: The bird of your nightmares.... Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:33 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

my Mum just sent me this little video and I thought I recognised it as the bird you posted a picture of islandgal99. 5 min long. just an extroadinary bird, nerves of steel and what a devoted parent.

8The bird of your nightmares.... Empty Re: The bird of your nightmares.... Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:07 am

debbiej

Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Aww, that bird is so darn cute, not scary or ugly. I agree with Sue, It looks like it needs a hug

9The bird of your nightmares.... Empty Re: The bird of your nightmares.... Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:25 am

islandgal99

islandgal99
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Ok...it does look cute except when it's mouth is wide open or when you see the buggly odd ball yellow eyes. The video was pretty cool. But those initial pics...yikes!

10The bird of your nightmares.... Empty Re: The bird of your nightmares.... Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:30 am

Katt

Katt

I totally laughed!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum