Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pullets laying in the dark

+3
Fowler
Ruffledfeathers
coopslave
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pullets laying in the dark Empty Pullets laying in the dark Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:17 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Do yours?
I go out before the sun comes up because I leave for work in the dark. The dogs get a run and feed and water is checked. I also check on the girls and most mornings I have eggs in the nests at 6am and often one girl in the process.  Laughing  This is way before the sun comes up here. I find it is mostly the green eggs that are early. I should say that all my chores get done just on dark in the evening too. Most are roosting by the time I am done, so they are not sneaking to the nest after evening chores. Well, they are, but you know what I mean. Not sure if they are laying in the middle of the night or early in the morning.

2Pullets laying in the dark Empty Re: Pullets laying in the dark Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:42 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have a handful of my girls that lay very early in the morning. And I too have had the pleasure of catching a fresh egg  Laughing 

Just when you figure you've got it figured out  Shocked 

Have a great day Coopslave

3Pullets laying in the dark Empty Re: Pullets laying in the dark Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:03 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Pullets Laying in the Dark... wasn't that a Bruce Springsteen song?

4Pullets laying in the dark Empty Re: Pullets laying in the dark Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:37 am

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Fowler wrote:Pullets Laying in the Dark... wasn't that a Bruce Springsteen song?

Fowler we can always count on you for a chuckle, Thanks!

5Pullets laying in the dark Empty Re: Pullets laying in the dark Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:19 am

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Mine are pretty predictable. If they skip a day, I can almost guarantee when I get out there the next morning, there will be eggs first thing. I have their light set to go on quite early, though, so they probably aren't laying in the dark.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

6Pullets laying in the dark Empty Re: Pullets laying in the dark Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:30 am

Karaandblue

Karaandblue

yep I get my white leghorn egg every morning same time - Im pretty sure she lays in the dark! Sometimes I think one of the favorelles does as well!

7Pullets laying in the dark Empty Re: Pullets laying in the dark Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:29 am

Sweetened

Sweetened
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I have a couple girls who lay at night, I think. I say that because I'll check on them at 10 or so and then I'm up at 5:30 to check on them again. I'll find frozen solid eggs even in -10 degree weather.

http://steadfastfarm.wordpress.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum