Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

amazing wood creativity - pic HEAVY

+5
Critter Haven Farm
Fowler
CynthiaM
coopslave
Magdelan
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1amazing wood creativity  -  pic HEAVY Empty amazing wood creativity - pic HEAVY Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:44 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

thought I'd put this up, we love wood stuff here Smile .  It arrived in my inbox yesterday:

Wood Chips

This man takes wood chips, soaks them in
water for many  days.
He uses a tree from Russia (Red Cedar).
Then he starts building  his pieces which takes him
About 6 months, 10 hours a day to finish it.

He was offered a lot of money for one piece but won't sell one.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2amazing wood creativity  -  pic HEAVY Empty Re: amazing wood creativity - pic HEAVY Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:52 pm

I sit here gobsmacked. Wow.

3amazing wood creativity  -  pic HEAVY Empty Re: amazing wood creativity - pic HEAVY Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:32 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

AMAZING!

4amazing wood creativity  -  pic HEAVY Empty Re: amazing wood creativity - pic HEAVY Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:28 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh holy smokes, that is beyond what the mind can comprehend, seriously...just unimaginable. Are you going to make something? Hope it doesn't take you that long, that you have taken on a much more simple project. Have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

5amazing wood creativity  -  pic HEAVY Empty Re: amazing wood creativity - pic HEAVY Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:31 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Amazing!

and yet my first thought was, "How would you ever dust it?"

6amazing wood creativity  -  pic HEAVY Empty Re: amazing wood creativity - pic HEAVY Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:43 am

Critter Haven Farm

Critter Haven Farm

that is unbelievable! it is beyond beautiful, amazing, stupendous, etc!!!
Fowler.... you have a point!

7amazing wood creativity  -  pic HEAVY Empty Re: amazing wood creativity - pic HEAVY Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:07 am

IzzyD

IzzyD

Wow that is amazing!
I imagine it would be one of those things you keep in a glass showcase to protect it.

8amazing wood creativity  -  pic HEAVY Empty Re: amazing wood creativity - pic HEAVY Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:14 am

Very nice ! wonder what his " base "" is though ? those chips/ strings of wood are attached to something ? But I can understand the time lines ......that would take forever !

9amazing wood creativity  -  pic HEAVY Empty Re: amazing wood creativity - pic HEAVY Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:39 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Must have some sort of mold for the base. Maybe similar to what taxidermists use.

10amazing wood creativity  -  pic HEAVY Empty Re: amazing wood creativity - pic HEAVY Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:41 am

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

yeah, it is pretty remarkable. I hadn't thought about the dusting (mostly because I hate housework I guess  affraid ) - I'm with you IzzyD, think you'd have to keep them behind glass. There were some other pictures (at least one more) but I didn't put it in because there were so many here and thought I might get into trouble. The one I didn't include shows the base is wood. I guess he glues each piece on - each wooden "hair" or feather. amazing.

CynthiaM, my greatest aspiration is a tea tray right now! I'm more into practical things at the moment. Seriously wonder if I would have the courage and patience to take on something so painstaking as these pieces of art! nope, I have at least one (nearly a realised God  pirat ) flaw and that is instant gratification, I like to see results fairly quickly so we'll start with a tea tray and work towards a house over time. Got to start somewhere right?

11amazing wood creativity  -  pic HEAVY Empty Re: amazing wood creativity - pic HEAVY Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:50 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'd probably try a small vacuum and suck all those little pieces off. A Mr. Bean episode right there.  Laughing

12amazing wood creativity  -  pic HEAVY Empty Re: amazing wood creativity - pic HEAVY Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:06 pm

lady leghorn

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Absolutely gorgeous.   He definitely is much more patient than me, lol.    If I made something so incredible I don't think I would want to sell it either.   Money isn't everything.   cheers

13amazing wood creativity  -  pic HEAVY Empty Re: amazing wood creativity - pic HEAVY Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:02 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

I can't imagine the mind that sat up in bed one night and said, hey, I think I"ll make an owl out of perfectly shaped wood chips! I am in awe of such genius and vision.

I thought about dust too. I would hope that whatever adhesive was used would withstand an annual blast from a garden hose. My favorite cleaning method : HOSE IT!

14amazing wood creativity  -  pic HEAVY Empty Re: amazing wood creativity - pic HEAVY Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:31 am

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

LOL Uno thats my kind of dusting too hehehehe  Those are amazing creations I can't even imagine the creativity and patience that goes into them!!!  The way my hubby likes to open his fireplace and stare in awe at his fire spewing ash all over the freakin house I'd have to have a very well sealed glass box it or it'd be a furry mess in no time LOL  
Thanx for sharing Magdelan they sure are amazing Smile

15amazing wood creativity  -  pic HEAVY Empty Re: amazing wood creativity - pic HEAVY Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:04 pm

Most likely just do what you do with a key board .............a little compressed air should keep the dust away ?, just saying

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum