Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'Tis that special time of year!

+5
Ruffledfeathers
toybarons
rosewood
authenticfarm
Schipperkesue
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1'Tis that special time of year! Empty 'Tis that special time of year! Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:41 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yes, Ameriacn football is alive and well in full swing. I know because the T.V. has been on almost constantly since last Thursday, Ameican Thanksgiving.

Yes, you will be pleased to know that you can actually watch football Monday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. And then if you still can't get enough, it is available as reruns the other days of the week, and there are many prediction sites on the Internet to follow.

Oh, don't forget the endless discussions on satellite radio.

You can thank me later for this precious nugget of entertainment information.

2'Tis that special time of year! Empty Re: 'Tis that special time of year! Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:33 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am frequently thankful that my husband doesn't give a crap about sports.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

3'Tis that special time of year! Empty Re: 'Tis that special time of year! Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:51 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yeah, just try to change the channel to figure skating or gymnastics!

4'Tis that special time of year! Empty Re: 'Tis that special time of year! Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:17 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

It is not a special time of the year for me as I seldom watch football especially the US version of the game. I like to watch the Spengler Cup and the World Junior hockey tournaments around Christmas. I do not often miss a Canuck game on TV. I'm probably interested in hockey because I played the game summer and winter for over 40 years.

5'Tis that special time of year! Empty Re: 'Tis that special time of year! Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:02 pm

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

My husband can't be bothered with sports. Funny story. Recently I got a call from Bell wanting to speak with the husband. Told them he wasn't home so as the old wife, can I help? Bell wanted to sell us their Centre Ice package? I nicely tell them that we weren't interested as neither I or he is interested.
"But it's our hockey package." Bell rep informs me.
"I know" says I, "No one here is interested."
"Sure your husband isn't..."
To which I cut the rep off ..."Oh I am sure. He doesn't watch hockey. Very sure I don't either".
I felt sort of sorry for the Bell rep as I sensed they weren't sure really what to do. All I can think of was to thank them for calling and then bid them "Bye."

Yes, I am Canadian. As a kid I played street hockey. I even collected hockey cards as a kid. I'm just not interested in watching sports on TV and neither is the old man.

6'Tis that special time of year! Empty Re: 'Tis that special time of year! Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:29 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

I love CFL but find that I get lost in the NFL. I think its because there are so many freakin teams. I find the NHL just the same, for me anyways? I will usually check in around Stanley cup. I have a bad habit of picking NFL teams based on colors, lol.

7'Tis that special time of year! Empty Re: 'Tis that special time of year! Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:11 pm

islandgal99

islandgal99
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Oh crap - I should have told hubby to stay at a hotel tonight for his course instead of coming home - stupid crazy foot ball fan.  I was wondering why he hadn't called me tonight.  I'm going to go unplug the TV and tell him it's broken tonight.  Twisted Evil

http://www.matadorfarm.ca

8'Tis that special time of year! Empty Re: 'Tis that special time of year! Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:35 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

islandgal99 wrote:Oh crap - I should have told hubby to stay at a hotel tonight for his course instead of coming home - stupid crazy foot ball fan.  I was wondering why he hadn't called me tonight.  I'm going to go unplug the TV and tell him it's broken tonight.  Twisted Evil
My sistah! You feel my pain! We are currently on the third game today. There was much yelling at the television. And this is just collage football, for Gordon's sake! Brace yourself...tomorrow is the almighty NFL!

9'Tis that special time of year! Empty Re: 'Tis that special time of year! Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:16 pm

islandgal99

islandgal99
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

cheers  NOT!!!  

affraid Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil No 

Basketball 

Sleep Suspect  Sleep 

lol! 

sorry, emicon moment.

10'Tis that special time of year! Empty Re: 'Tis that special time of year! Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:19 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

cheers Touchdown! cheers 

6 points for most emoticons used in a post! Care to try for a conversion!

11'Tis that special time of year! Empty Re: 'Tis that special time of year! Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:59 pm

islandgal99

islandgal99
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Schipperkesue wrote:cheers Touchdown! cheers 

6 points for most emoticons used in a post!  Care to try for a conversion!
Translation:

Happy about it a whole season or a whole day of football - NOPE!

It's scary, slightly evil and very disappointing in how much time sports, especially this time of year, can consume.  It's scary, slightly evil and very disappointing how much these players get paid to kick a dang ball, and even more scary how much money the owners/tv corps and all the folks related to the football get paid.  

Do I like to play sports myself - yes.  Real life, touch a ball, swing a bat, hit the birdie - you bet.  Do I like to watch it - not a chance.  Waste of time, there are better things to do than watch a bunch of rich people run around a field and make themselves and a whole lot of others, a whole a lot of money. Because it's really all about one thing - the money. It's not a game, it's like the stockmarket - the owners buy the shares they think they will benefit the most from, if those shares come through they are rich, if they don't they are sold or traded for another share until they are rich or they are broke.  It's not about people, the game or anything real.  It's all about money. Do I think it's rigged - you bet I do. Do I think the players play because they love it - probably, most of the time.  But I think it's all phony baloney. 

I've tried to watch the game, to participate, to be "supportive".  The game puts me to sleep.  I'm lost.  I'd rather go play with chickens, make something wonderful with wood or wool, design something wonderful for my life, make a web page, tell a story, hug a child, go for a walk, go on a track, go on a hike, go play a real sport - there are SO many things better to do than to watch a ball fly across a screen. Watching football isn't even time well wasted - it's just plain wasted. 

And that defines my evil emoticon moment.  And my rant for the night.

12'Tis that special time of year! Empty Re: 'Tis that special time of year! Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:21 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

islandgal99 wrote:
Schipperkesue wrote:cheers Touchdown! cheers 

6 points for most emoticons used in a post!  Care to try for a conversion!
Translation:

Happy about it a whole season or a whole day of football - NOPE!

It's scary, slightly evil and very disappointing in how much time sports, especially this time of year, can consume.  It's scary, slightly evil and very disappointing how much these players get paid to kick a dang ball, and even more scary how much money the owners/tv corps and all the folks related to the football get paid.  

Do I like to play sports myself - yes.  Real life, touch a ball, swing a bat, hit the birdie - you bet.  Do I like to watch it - not a chance.  Waste of time, there are better things to do than watch a bunch of rich people run around a field and make themselves and a whole lot of others, a whole a lot of money. Because it's really all about one thing - the money. It's not a game, it's like the stockmarket - the owners buy the shares they think they will benefit the most from, if those shares come through they are rich, if they don't they are sold or traded for another share until they are rich or they are broke.  It's not about people, the game or anything real.  It's all about money. Do I think it's rigged - you bet I do. Do I think the players play because they love it - probably, most of the time.  But I think it's all phony baloney. 

I've tried to watch the game, to participate, to be "supportive".  The game puts me to sleep.  I'm lost.  I'd rather go play with chickens, make something wonderful with wood or wool, design something wonderful for my life, make a web page, tell a story, hug a child, go for a walk, go on a track, go on a hike, go play a real sport - there are SO many things better to do than to watch a ball fly across a screen. Watching football isn't even time well wasted - it's just plain wasted. 

And that defines my evil emoticon moment.  And my rant for the night.
You are one bright cookie islandgal99. I mean to say this with no disrespect for any sports fan of any kind but having had one glass of wine I am now talking fairly straight and don't think I could have said it better than you did :-). I am about as interested in sports as I am in making a snow angel with no clothes on when it is -30 plus windchill. Only competition I have ever really enjoyed is the occasional horsey event in the Olympics but that's not for the competition, it's for the horses who dance and perform like champs - I don't care who wins what for what country. Oh-oh, just forgot momentarily about Seabiscuit who acted as a mascot for the "little guy" during the depression years - now that was a race worth winning - raising it up for the underdog and the average joe-bloggs on the street who had little else working for him/her. I do take my hat off for that kind of sport/activity. But sports in general - mmmmeh!!!

13'Tis that special time of year! Empty Re: 'Tis that special time of year! Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:37 pm

lady leghorn

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Authentic farm..........I so agree with you. Nobody watches sports of any kind here. cheers 

14'Tis that special time of year! Empty Re: 'Tis that special time of year! Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:04 pm

pigglet

Here it was curling all week. Now it is the National Finals Rodeo. Trying to do chores between different curling games, then now rodeo. Look on the bright side of it, they are home safe and sound. No bad roads, nor drunk drivers, I will put up with the TV for these events. Life could be lots worse.

15'Tis that special time of year! Empty Re: 'Tis that special time of year! Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:48 pm

Schipperkesue wrote:Yeah, just try to change the channel to figure skating or gymnastics!
O I would much rather watch Figure Skating any day over hockey or football , or any of the other "" sports "" .Never could understand the whole excitement behind anyone watching them  Have gone to a hockey game once ( NHL ) , wife loves the game , and all I did was watch the people cheering , or yelling , at the players ,  found it rather disturbing ! but I also know that to each there own , so if ya like it ..............knock yourself out .

16'Tis that special time of year! Empty Re: 'Tis that special time of year! Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:24 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

So, if you are NOT a football fan, you may want to switch on the Detroit/Philadelphia game right now. They are playing in a snow storm and I am enjoying the slipping and sliding antics. All I can think is, poor you! I carry five gallon buckets of water in more snow than that and you can't even carry a football!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum