Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pencilling vs Double Lacing

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pencilling vs Double Lacing Empty Pencilling vs Double Lacing Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:32 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I was hijacking another thread so moved this here.

Didn't want to embarrass you, Authentic, just letting you know.
When the black starts on the outer edge of the feather, like the Barnevelder, it is double laced.  When the ground colour starts on the edge of the feather, like the Partridge Chantecler, it is pencilling.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Pencilling vs Double Lacing Empty Re: Pencilling vs Double Lacing Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:35 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

That was good lesson for me Coopslave. ta. The picture helps a lot, to see it clearly like that. this site is like 101 Chook for me! They are almost like inverse/negatives of each other, sort of - the P. Chant and the Barnevelder.

3Pencilling vs Double Lacing Empty Re: Pencilling vs Double Lacing Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:36 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I figured that out with my own little brain. Wink Never make the same mistake twice!

Now ... what happens if you cross something with double lacing on something with pencilling?

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

4Pencilling vs Double Lacing Empty Re: Pencilling vs Double Lacing Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:39 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Same gene just expressing differently because of other genes present with it. Same as lacing on the wyandottes. Pg is the pattern gene. Would have to get my books out to sound more intelligent than that.
I am sure Tara or Piet can fill in the gaps as my books are in boxes.....somewhere.....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum