Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Looking for a stock trough!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Looking for a stock trough! Empty Looking for a stock trough! Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:02 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

And I am lazy. Instead of reasearching myself, I am asking you! Where could I get a good price on a galvanized stock trough? Thanks!

2Looking for a stock trough! Empty Re: Looking for a stock trough! Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:01 pm

birish

Peavey Mart would be a good place to start

3Looking for a stock trough! Empty Re: Looking for a stock trough! Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:04 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Peavy mart has them for $199 for a 2' by 2' by 6' model. I was hoping to find a 4' long model. If Coop and UFA carry them, I can't find a price on their website. Spruce Grove Feeds usually has a good price on troughs, but their website is useless.

4Looking for a stock trough! Empty Re: Looking for a stock trough! Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:13 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

My feed store is generally good about seeing what other sizes they can get for me. You can ask....

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

5Looking for a stock trough! Empty Re: Looking for a stock trough! Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:31 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

6Looking for a stock trough! Empty Re: Looking for a stock trough! Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:44 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hmm, 130 bucks for the 4' model. Not bad.

I am thinking it would make a good bathtub. Deep for soaking. It would have to be built in and insulated.

7Looking for a stock trough! Empty Re: Looking for a stock trough! Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:14 pm

Zenchicken

Mother Earth News had an article on how to turn one into a hot tub...looked pretty easy

8Looking for a stock trough! Empty Re: Looking for a stock trough! Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:40 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

You can get those big circular ones. They would make great hot tubs!

I have a friend with an old claw foot bathtub in an outdoor shelter. He heats the water in black tubing that zigzags over his garage roof. His water gets so hot on a sunny summer day that it is too hot to bathe in.

9Looking for a stock trough! Empty Re: Looking for a stock trough! Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:45 am

Schipperkesue wrote:I have a friend with an old claw foot bathtub in an outdoor shelter.  He heats the water in black tubing that zigzags over his garage roof.  His water gets so hot on a sunny summer day that it is too hot to bathe in.
Does it get hot in winter too? That's when I use my hot tub the most, and with BC Hydro announcing 26% price increases over the next 5 years, I'm interested in trying something passive.

10Looking for a stock trough! Empty Re: Looking for a stock trough! Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:01 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I think he drains the system in winter to prevent the lines from freezing and cracking. They are outside on his roof. Once it snowed and covered them I think it would be useless anyway. I think a better choice for winter would be collecting light using a solar system that creates electricity, then using the electricity to power the water heater.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum