Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Boy, can one ever travel around on u-tube

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

This is general chatting so I will general chat. I was listening to the song called "sixteen chickens and a tambourine" shortly before I am typing this and after listening to the song, looked at the bunch of suggestions on the right side of the screen, so I scrolled down and came across a group my Mother used to love. The Sons of the Pioneers. Interesting. The caption said "Tumbling Tumbleweeds". Now as a child, I too loved this group and can still, in my mind's eye, remember all the songs. Of course I remembered "Tumbling Tumbleweeds", but no clue why the tumbleweeds had anything to do with the 16 tambourines chickens were playing (well they weren't really, I think it was the singer that had 16 tambourines). Anyways, so I listened to the tumbling tumbleweed song and when that was done, so many, many, many more options for songs that the Sons of the Pioneers sang, probably all the records they recorded too, I got lost. Ya, so I listened to "oh Susannah" and in the song the name Susy was used and Susannah, weird, wonder, I don't ever remember in that song the name Susy being used, maybe I was hearing it wrong. Oh well, just weird stuff. Feeling weird this morning I guess. Ya, so now soon, on my winter days, I'm going to have to start to listen to old Sons of the Pioneer songs, they were pretty amazing, ol' time, ol' time, cowboy music and I love it still. Dating myself, but that OK, I am dated. Have a most beautiful day, CynthiaM.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Cynthia, sometimes I will play a YouTube game. I will pick two arbitrary songs, people, etc and I will try to travel from one to the other in the fewest number of moves by using the links on the right. Fun!

I found that listening to songs from my youth brings back memories that were there , just put on a shelf . U Tube has anything that one can think of andĀ  as you said it brought you back to a time long gone . Regardless of what you listened to , it's a awesome function that is one of the better offered on the internet , so for me it's in with the ear budsĀ  and close my eyes and slowly begin the journey back to a time long gone .............strange how a song can do that ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum