Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

white muscoveys

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1white muscoveys Empty white muscoveys Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:01 pm

birish

looking for a couple white muscoveys hens,the old meaty types,loveblack and chocs.but need more meat birds

2white muscoveys Empty Re: white muscoveys Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:42 pm

lady leghorn

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Just curious as to why the white birds? Easier plucking? White meat? Thanks in advance.

3white muscoveys Empty Re: white muscoveys Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:28 pm

birish

The first Muscoveys we got were white from a hatchery,and the hens were much larger birds,we could butcher young drakes at 10 weeks and get a decent carcass,with these chocs.it takes a lot longer.Another problem with the smaller size along with the fact they come from warm climes means the can't handle the cold as well.A woman I know picked up a couple hens at a sale at Olds was wondering if they were bantams as she used to raise the larger birds.

4white muscoveys Empty Re: white muscoveys Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:47 am

Omega Blue Farms

Omega Blue Farms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

That is interesting. Of my three colour varieties, I've had the hardest time putting size on the chocolates.

I remember as a grade school kid, having those big jumbo white muscovies. Had a pet drake that we weighed on the bathroom scale. We determined he weighed 20 pounds, but looking back I don't have confidence in our accuracy. Today, I sure would love to see a 20 pounder though!

http://www.OmegaBlueFarms.ca

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum