Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Back to work

+5
Magdelan
Schipperkesue
authenticfarm
Hidden River
coopslave
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to work Empty Back to work Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:08 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Won't be on as much, I am a working stiff again. First day today and I think it is a good fit. Many different classes each day and I like the variety. Little ankle biters and that is new. Haven't been with the little ones for a long time and I think I am going to enjoy it. Just thought I would let you know I will be tired for the first little while and probably lurking a lot!! Wink 

2Back to work Empty Re: Back to work Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:07 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Congrats on the new job, but sad you won't be contributing as much. Sad
I am sure you will have a great time with the little ones.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

3Back to work Empty Re: Back to work Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:11 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks Hidden.

4Back to work Empty Re: Back to work Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:48 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Congrats!!

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

5Back to work Empty Re: Back to work Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:03 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am so happy for you!

Now here is a word to the wise...the pendulum of education is currently swinging to the left again. (I don't mean politically, just that trends in education are always moving to and fro...)
Anyway, less money is being allocated to special ed, programs are being cut, children are being mainstreamed and.....fewer schools are hiring EAs. So if you like this school, hold on to the is job and build seniority. Usually when the cutbacks come last hired is first fired.

I special ed class is gone and I have been used to give teachers their breaks. My current assignment is grade 1 and 2 art, grade 2 health, grade 6 social, grade 4,5,6 art option, grade 7 and 8 language arts. I no longer teach any special ed and miss it mightily. I am also a Learning Support Teacher and that means paperwork.

In about 20 years or so things should be swinging back. I will be 70 then. This is not how I envisioned finishing my career.

6Back to work Empty Re: Back to work Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:14 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks Authentic.

Yes Sue, mainstream, mainstream, mainstream. Those are the buzz words for sure. Integration is what they called it in Australia.
I am in all regular classrooms. I enjoy the special ed classes, but I do like the regular classroom too.
So far really like the school and staff. They have been very welcoming. Some schools are not!
It is always interesting fitting in with how each teacher does things and their style of teaching. I like the variety of different classes each day, never stuck in one class having a bad day. In for my time and then see ya!! Very Happy 

7Back to work Empty Re: Back to work Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:18 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wow, grade 1 art and great 7&8 language arts. You are a flexible gal!!

8Back to work Empty Re: Back to work Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:26 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

It sounds like a lovely school. Yes, we say integration as well.

When I substitute taught (15 years) some schools were welcoming and some just the opposite. I am glad you have found a good one.

I have taught from kindergarten to grade 12 and all subjects under the rainbow. The funny thing about teaching is when you have a contract, they can send you to any school and ask you to teach any subject they want. I could be transferred to Leduc high and be asked to teach Physics 30. Fortunately this kind of thing is almost never done, but it is interesting to think it could happen.

9Back to work Empty Re: Back to work Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:11 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

congratulations Coopslave, you sound so much more into this than the last mention of job opportunity cheers 

ps please forward me your address so I can send the scarves :-). sent you an email but it must have slipped by your weary eyes.

10Back to work Empty Re: Back to work Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:07 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Have fun! We'll see you back when you get into your groove.

11Back to work Empty Re: Back to work Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:25 am

auntieevil

auntieevil
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Hope you find your groove, and even enjoy yourself most days.

12Back to work Empty Re: Back to work Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:00 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Money is nice. And working brings in money. That is something that is good. Although, missing you from your moving away and now missing you from the forum, think we are all gonna miss Coopslave a whole whack. Take care, a whole new life style you are entering into. And do have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

13Back to work Empty Re: Back to work Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:59 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

14Back to work Empty Re: Back to work Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:06 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Don't think you want to lounge in the chook shed today Tara! Will have to go about plugging some gaps as the winter goes on. Snow is managing to find little holes to get in. Not lots of snow, but I light dusting here and there.
Might look into that foamy sealer stuff.
Better wait until spring, to put you plan into play!! Laughing 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum