Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

All about my baby Sister and her garden bounty

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Don’t ask me why.  Sometimes I am compelled to tell a little tale. Well, this one may be not little, but long, and a few beautiful pictures.  To take us back to summertime, near end of summertime and the bounty from our gardens.  This post is not about me, but about my baby  Sister.  I call her my baby Sister, cause she was the second to last born of my siblings.  This is the Sister that has 6 children, growing up so fast, the oldest now 24 and the youngest, a girl, coming up to 11.  There was a time back on the coast, when we lived in Maple  Ridge, that my darling Sister and her family and our family and my Daughter and her family shared our acreage. Communal environment, we each had our own homes.  Probably some of the best years of my life when we lived together there.  I yearn to have enough acreage one day for us all to live together again, but know in my heart that will never happen, times change, people move on.  During that time, there was a total of 18 human beings living on the property, that included 4 foster teenage boys, as that was our duty in life, our occupation was caring for the teenaged boys.  It was a good life.  Don’t know why I feel compelled to tell little things about me and my past life, but do, and hope that some may find it enjoyable to read, I don’t mind spinning tales.

Yes, so getting on to what this post is really about.  It is telling about my Sister, the mirror of me, not in the visual looks, but mirror of how I am.  I think she fashioned her life after her adoration for her oldest Sister, I know that too in my heart. I have instilled many things into the mind of this woman, and it brings me pleasure to know that some of the way she is, is a direct result of a love of me.  Onwards.

During the time that we shared the farm, they moved from far away, and spent about 5 years living on the land, we did many fun things. And that was gardening and raising chickens, ducks and turkeys.  Oh those hundreds of hours, working together, the harvests, the preservation of foods, the times spent during evenings, after day’s work was done, sitting under the beech tree, sharing a glass of wine, watching the kids swim in the pool.  Days of happiness and bliss, two Sisters, having the time of their lives.  

When I was down on the coast last, the summer harvest of her gardens had mostly been completed.  But she had some pictures that she had taken and showed me what she had been up to, during her summer harvest.  She has a wonderful ability to make things look beautiful.  This goes from sewing and designing clothes, to making food look like it was the most beautiful thing one could ever eat.  She amazes me, and I know I could never do what she does with food that she works with.  A culinary pleasure to ever eat at her home.  Having had so many children to feed, she also knows how to stretch a buck, and make tons of food when she makes.  

I am proud of my baby Sister, and just need to toot her horn for her.  Although she will never know, because this is here with my forum friends, she need not know this tale that I have spun, with pictures to support what I speak of.  My hat off to my baby Sister, enjoy the pictures, and may your mouth drool, thinking again of the day when summer harvest will occur for many of us.  Have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

This is just some of the bounty of her garden.  She loves to dehydrate food, freeze and can, but this is her work with chives and collard greens.  The leaves of the collards were preserved in other ways, these are the stems.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And ah, yes, tomatoes, so many different varieties of tomatoes, lovely as lovely can be

Oh and I thought just a cute picture of one of the dogs, watching the mamma as she is doing stuff in the garden.  This little girl is the sweetest dog ever!

Her name is Tulip

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

How wonderful!  Tulip is adorable.  What type of dog is she?

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Tulip is so cute! Some kind of pug cross? Looks like a tiny mastiff.

What a beautiful bounty of foods!

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ah, I thought Tulip would strike heart chords. She is as beautiful inside as she is outside, truly a most incredible little girl. Tulip is about 8 months old and I just can't stop loving her when I see her. Really, she is awesome. Tulip is a pug cross. The is 7/8 pug and there is something else in there, I can't remember what though. I do recall (it is my Niece's dog actually) that she said that the other breed in there is good, (she doesn't care a hoot nor a hollar about purebreed, neither do I), as it makes that pushed in face, wrinkle face, not as pushed in, nor wrinkled, which makes less issue with wrinkle issue. Whatever that means. I think wrinkles cause some skin problems perhaps. We had a sharpei once, well part sharpei and (is that correct spelling for sharpei), and I remember we were warned about wrinkle bugged stuff, ours was cross with something or other, think maybe rottweiller, so never had wrinkle problems. What's with wrinkles. I know I have lots and I don't have wrinkle issues....have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum