Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

mosaic chicken headstone

+3
HigginsRAT
appway
Magdelan
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1mosaic chicken headstone Empty mosaic chicken headstone Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:46 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Seems an odd thing to post a picture of but thought it would be cool thing to do just the same.  Especially cause it is happy all souls weekend Smile .  In one of the posts here Higginsrat and I discovered we share a Latvian heritage.   Her father is Latvian and my grand mother also.  She loved chooks  -  so much so that her daughter crafted this beautiful head stone in the honor of her fondness for them.   My aunt was actually born in Canada, the family traveled from New Brunswick to NZ when she was four, somewhere around the early 1960's.   I blurred out her name, just because I'm that kind of gal.

mosaic chicken headstone Headst10

2mosaic chicken headstone Empty Re: mosaic chicken headstone Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:51 pm

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Beautiful thank you for sharing

3mosaic chicken headstone Empty Re: mosaic chicken headstone Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:37 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

4mosaic chicken headstone Empty Re: mosaic chicken headstone Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:57 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

When I die I want a fun headstone too.

5mosaic chicken headstone Empty Re: mosaic chicken headstone Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:04 am

bckev

bckev
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I like it, something to look forward to, in a hundred years or so.

6mosaic chicken headstone Empty Re: mosaic chicken headstone Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:09 am

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Love this! Such a happy idea!

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

7mosaic chicken headstone Empty Re: mosaic chicken headstone Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:16 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

A lovely bit of brightness in a place that is often sad.

8mosaic chicken headstone Empty Re: mosaic chicken headstone Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:36 am

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

glad you all appreciate it Very Happy . I wondered if there is any way one could not actually but everyone is different. The place she was buried is filled with alternative thinkers and probably a lot of hippies, artists etc. so no one would likely batt an eye there. I dare say a lot of them have chickens in their back yard too.

9mosaic chicken headstone Empty Re: mosaic chicken headstone Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:45 pm

Lovely , says a lot about the person without any words ............love it

10mosaic chicken headstone Empty Re: mosaic chicken headstone Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:53 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

prairie dog wrote:Lovely , says a lot about the person without any words ............love it
Very cool PD. I really like your avatar Cool 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum