Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Counting our blessings

+8
Sweetened
mirycreek
coopslave
uno
toybarons
authenticfarm
Schipperkesue
Hidden River
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Counting our blessings Empty Counting our blessings Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:38 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

It has been a crazy couple days here in our little town. I am counting my blessings, hugging my children and appreciating the little things in life.
A friend of ours is in the hospital, she was losing blood and they were not sure where or why, she has had 3 transfusions now and is stable. Her husband would not take the call the dr. here in our town gave him that she would be just fine to go home and drink Gatorade and her blood pressure would come back up, so he took her to the city and they admitted her right away and did the transfusions. Looks like she is in for a lot more testing but glad she is stable now.
Last night our neighbors Quonset burned to the ground. Not sure what started the fire but my husband and the volunteer fire department were there till the wee hours of the morning keeping it contained to the Quonset, thankfully for the snow we had or he could have lost his whole farm, a feedlot full of export cattle, and his house...Was quite the sight to see when I went out to lock up birds and looked to the north and the whole sky was lit up with flames, my poor neighbor wasn't even home, he has an Australian hired man and he was beside himself on what to do, my hubby went over right away and waited for the others from the fire department to show up, unfortunately nothing they could do to save the building. Nobody was hurt though, only a bit of equipment lost, no animals harmed so thankful for all that.
Hubby goes to work this morning and his crews call in and say the hwy is closed to where they need to go to work. Do some investigating and a lady we know from the community rolled her vehicle early this morning and died. She has a young son, and unfortunately her husband was the one to find her. The community is in shock over this, no word on what caused the accident to happen, roads were clear, and no other vehicles involved.
I then go in to town to drop off calves for the auction today, and find out another lady we know really well, her daughter used to baby sit for us, had a stroke at work last night. They rushed her to Calgary and removed the clot and she is starting to regain some movement. This lady is 40 at most, so still young.

So I am realizing that the stresses I have had lately are not as bad as life could be. And I appreciate everything we have in life. Sometimes we just need to take a step back and see what we are blessed with and accept what we cannot change.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

2Counting our blessings Empty Re: Counting our blessings Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:47 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Whoa, it never rains, but it pours.

Every day, Jayme, I thank you for this little oasis camaraderie and enjoyment. Thank you for creating this forum. You have done a little something to bring goodness to this crazy world.

3Counting our blessings Empty Re: Counting our blessings Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:52 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

That is a whole lot of stuff all piling up at once! Yikes!

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

4Counting our blessings Empty Re: Counting our blessings Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:23 am

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

Can you send some optimism my way? I'm scrapping the bottom of the barrel for some.

5Counting our blessings Empty Re: Counting our blessings Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:27 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

There, but for the grace of God, go I.

Life get us now and then. IF we have a good life day, give thanks, and if a bad one, pray for courage.

6Counting our blessings Empty Re: Counting our blessings Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:22 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sometimes it takes all this sort of trouble around us to make us realise the good things we have and appreciate our life and family.
Like Sue says, thanks for giving me a place to go for support and to be able to support others when they need it.

7Counting our blessings Empty Re: Counting our blessings Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:20 am

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

yes. wow. we just have no idea what road we're going to have to travel.
thinking of you today jayme and you too tb.

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

8Counting our blessings Empty Re: Counting our blessings Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:47 am

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Schipperkesue wrote:Every day, Jayme, I thank you for this little oasis camaraderie and enjoyment.  Thank you for creating this forum.  You have done a little something to bring goodness to this crazy world.
coopslave wrote:
Like Sue says, thanks for giving me a place to go for support and to be able to support others when they need it.
Ditto these. This forum is a great place with great people. I appreciate being able to come here and learn and hopefully help others learn!

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

9Counting our blessings Empty Re: Counting our blessings Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:12 am

Sweetened

Sweetened
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

A most sincere hug for you.

http://steadfastfarm.wordpress.com/

10Counting our blessings Empty Re: Counting our blessings Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:16 am

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Schipperkesue wrote:Whoa, it never rains, but it pours.

Every day, Jayme, I thank you for this little oasis camaraderie and enjoyment.  Thank you for creating this forum.  You have done a little something to bring goodness to this crazy world.
I was wondering who created this forum .  Have only been here for such a short time.  Such a groovy place to find other fowl-obsessed people, knowledge and diversity of approach plus other things like farm animals for sale and recipes.  Very glad to have discovered you all   -  totally enjoying the minds here.  A great comraderie and I find the allowance of individual preference and ways of seeing things to be just so darned agreeable to my weird and whacky self, can't stay away!   I don't like FBook but I love this place.    Thanks Hidden River.   I had similar awareness once when my neighbors father died, just the one person unlike the truck load of events happening in your neighborhood.  Levelled me totally, everyone is connected some how.

11Counting our blessings Empty Re: Counting our blessings Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:27 am

karona

karona
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I received this from a cousin a few days ago.
I have printed it off and will frame it as a reminder.
Thought it would fit here.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

12Counting our blessings Empty Re: Counting our blessings Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:03 am

Thanks for the reminder to count our blessings. I try to stay mindful of the wonderful good that's in my life, and try to help others do the same (mostly) but I get bogged down too.

13Counting our blessings Empty Re: Counting our blessings Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:18 pm

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

I went through issues like this not to long ago!! I am so sorry for the losses to those around you!! It helps to count your own blessings and realize how lucky we are for each day we are given!!

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

14Counting our blessings Empty Re: Counting our blessings Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:09 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Sometimes we need these hard, sad things to remind of us just how lucky we are and appreciate those around us.  Last summer was like that for me, one thing after another but it reminds you to really take care and really appreciate your life.  

We had our first bit of winter driving this morning with black ice.  Just yesterday I was after kids to settle down because bad behaviour in the vehicle while driving is distracting and dangerous.  This morning I was taking kids into school and I was behind a very full logging truck so couldn't see much ahead of us.  Traffic was slowed and suddenly we were beside an over turned mashed vehicle and it looked bad.  Shocked my kids into very good behaviour although that wasn't a way I wanted them to be reminded.  It shook me up a bit too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]