Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why do you keep geese?

+2
Schipperkesue
uno
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Why do you keep geese? Empty Why do you keep geese? Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:56 pm

That's all.  I'm curious.  Thank you for sharing.  I love you

2Why do you keep geese? Empty Re: Why do you keep geese? Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:03 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Because they are like amusing, obnoxious short people. They waddle around behind you, won't let you touch them but have to be close. They are interested in everything and try to eat most of what they see, chew, chew, chew. They hiss at things. They are hyper alert to any and all changes in their environment. They are bossy. They are opinionated. They are loud. There is just something about them I like.

3Why do you keep geese? Empty Re: Why do you keep geese? Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:13 am

Because they protect me from raven attacks!!!!! No, that's not the reason....

They are just gorgeouse, noble, and brave. I've really enjoyed growing them up and having them mill about the yard. I also like the stories i get told everytime somone comes here and sees them. Mostly horror! I'll re-visit this thread and update after i've gone thru my first breeding season.

4Why do you keep geese? Empty Re: Why do you keep geese? Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:02 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

How can such a small creature be so obnoxiously brave! They are what they are and make no apologies. They have enormous confidence.

Most of all because their hissing reminds me of the creature in the movie Alien!

5Why do you keep geese? Empty Re: Why do you keep geese? Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:27 am

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

They are easy keepers...more so in the summer than winter, I haven't lost any to predators and they are beautiful to watch.  You can eat them as well!

6Why do you keep geese? Empty Re: Why do you keep geese? Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:31 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh, I have more! I like them because they tuned in my LGD. He is no longer a bird bully and is quite afraid of them. They also follow my husband around and nip his pant legs. They keep him in line and remind him not to leave his tools out.

7Why do you keep geese? Empty Re: Why do you keep geese? Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:41 am

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Cause they Tasted Good last year for Christmas
Everyone liked them Slow roasted

8Why do you keep geese? Empty Re: Why do you keep geese? Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:50 pm

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

9Why do you keep geese? Empty Re: Why do you keep geese? Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:24 pm

lady leghorn

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I dearly hope I can have Sebastopols again someday, they're on my bucket list. silent 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum