Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Taking up quilting now!!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Taking up quilting now!! Empty Taking up quilting now!! Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:08 pm

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

After everything that has gone on in my life this last month I decided I need to do something "for me". I have decided on quilting as hubby has been wanting a nice quilt for some time. I found some quilting squares at an auction today, just have to find some other fabric to go with it. Never done this before, so going into it fairly unknown. Any advice would be appreciated. I will try to post pics of my fabric if I can get my phone to let me!!

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

2Taking up quilting now!! Empty Re: Taking up quilting now!! Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:42 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Good for you! You go girl! You have a great resource here on the sire as well youtube has scads of helpful how-to videos. Don't get in a hurry, this is not a quick hobby, but a very rewarding one. I hope your phone works. I want pics!

3Taking up quilting now!! Empty Re: Taking up quilting now!! Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:55 pm

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

hope this works! Not sure if I will use these together yet or not, but the ones on the outsides were together in a package the other is just a piece of cotton that I really like!! I am thinking of getting something a little less busy for the outside pieces and use the center one for a different project later!

4Taking up quilting now!! Empty Re: Taking up quilting now!! Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:47 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Those are log cabin blocks. Classic. Are they pieced or printed?

I immediately thought they would look wonderful with denim. However, denim is very heavy fabric. Some people make all denim quilts, they weigh a ton and last forever. BUt I personally don't like to mix the weights of my fabric. Either all heavy fabrics or all lighter fabrics. But that's just me. Remember, there are no quilt police so you can't do anything 'wrong', this is about what pleases YOU.

But there are many gorgeous blue fabrics that are denim looking that would work. But that was just my gut reaction, which does not matter since this is YOUR quilt.

How many of those log cabin blocks do you have and how big are they?

5Taking up quilting now!! Empty Re: Taking up quilting now!! Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:50 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

They would look great with denim. You can find lightweight denim, but even that is often too heavy. However I have seen some quilting fabric with a denim print! That may work.

6Taking up quilting now!! Empty Re: Taking up quilting now!! Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:54 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Why do quilters hang out in forums.

For the good quilting threads.

No, I'm not proud of that one but there it is. Laughing 

7Taking up quilting now!! Empty Re: Taking up quilting now!! Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:06 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Why do we also have a fascination with knitting here?

Someone is always spinning a good yarn.

8Taking up quilting now!! Empty Re: Taking up quilting now!! Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:59 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

OR because we like to needle each other.

9Taking up quilting now!! Empty Re: Taking up quilting now!! Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:15 pm

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

They are printed. I was thinking if I could find the denim look, I would so I guess I was on the right track. There are 11 of each one. I am hoping to get going soon, but need to get to the city before I can start! lol I don't get there that often though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum