Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

One of my New Favourite Breeds

+3
HigginsRAT
k.r.l
appway
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1One of my New Favourite Breeds Empty One of my New Favourite Breeds Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:33 pm

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

As alot of people Know with My Health I am doing More Bantam Poultry now  I have Belgian Quail d'Anvers Only have a few Trios they are from a Show Flock from out east and up from the states I am doing them with a friend so we will both hopefuly be showing at the shows
I know I will be at the December show in Manitoba with them and hope to be at the Nationals in 2014 in Alberta Any way Right Now we just have the Quial but hope to get other colors.

He is what they Look like
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Not my Birds but from the lines they are from

2One of my New Favourite Breeds Empty Re: One of my New Favourite Breeds Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:50 pm

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Wow some nice looking birds! The quail pattern is quite striking!

3One of my New Favourite Breeds Empty Re: One of my New Favourite Breeds Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:56 pm

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks KRL I thought of getting the D'uccles but as I love them also but did not want the feathered feet
Next I want the Blue Quail and the Black Mottled

4One of my New Favourite Breeds Empty Re: One of my New Favourite Breeds Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:38 pm

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

5One of my New Favourite Breeds Empty Re: One of my New Favourite Breeds Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:39 pm

Butterboy

Butterboy

I love the D'anvers. I will hopefully start working on porcelain soon!

6One of my New Favourite Breeds Empty Re: One of my New Favourite Breeds Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:17 pm

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Tara
I hear you on the kicking around stuff with the clean legs But I prefer them over feather legs LOL
Have not Found any Black Mottled here in Canada But I will keep looking and I am sure I can find some The Blue Quail I have found but want to look at a few more as what I have seen is just not as type as I want. I love the Jaunty attitude Of the D'anvers roos They act like they own the world and strut like they do and they crow every few Minutes LOL Their crow would not work with neighbours that is for sure. There is also a Millefleur Variety in the D'anvers but dont want them yet.

Butter Boy
Did not Know you had D'anvers thats great and the porcelain is a Beautiful color cant wait to see some pics of your Birds Here is a Australian site on Breeding the Belgian breeds I am enjoying reading it as it has some colour breeding in it.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hope to see you at the shows with yours

7One of my New Favourite Breeds Empty Re: One of my New Favourite Breeds Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:37 pm

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

Congrats on the beautiful new birds! Enjoy!

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

8One of my New Favourite Breeds Empty Re: One of my New Favourite Breeds Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:54 pm

Love them !

9One of my New Favourite Breeds Empty Re: One of my New Favourite Breeds Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:27 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Very nice that you have found something very beautiful like that, they are gorgeous!! Have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

10One of my New Favourite Breeds Empty Re: One of my New Favourite Breeds Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:40 am

Butterboy

Butterboy

D'anvers have always been one of me faves. I had a blue and a black growing up in scotland and have loved them ever since.

I don't have any yet, but I should be starting with some project birds next summer. I am hoping to have some birds for the national next year but I really do not know. I may look into importing some milles and possibly porcelain too.

11One of my New Favourite Breeds Empty Re: One of my New Favourite Breeds Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:51 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

12One of my New Favourite Breeds Empty Re: One of my New Favourite Breeds Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:13 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Nice! They are such neat little birds. Smile

13One of my New Favourite Breeds Empty Re: One of my New Favourite Breeds Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:59 am

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Butterboy wrote:D'anvers have always been one of me faves. I had a blue and a black growing up in scotland and have loved them ever since.

I don't have any yet, but I should be starting with some project birds next summer. I am hoping to have some birds for the national next year but I really do not know. I may look into importing some milles and possibly porcelain too.
If you import any let me know as I am looking for other colours. I should have Quail colour for sale next year if hatching and laying go good

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum