Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stoggar the Dogger - RIP - **PHOTOS**

+3
Fowler
coopslave
HigginsRAT
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Stoggar the Dogger - RIP - **PHOTOS** Empty Stoggar the Dogger - RIP - **PHOTOS** Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:16 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

RIP Stoggar, good to get to know ya.
I know your heart is heavy Tara, just think of all the fun when you get to meet up with all of them again!
I think we have both had enough loss for a while. Nothing I can say will change or help the way you feel, just know I get it and understand. You have given them a beautiful resting place.

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sounds like she had a good long life with you guys.

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sorry to hear she's gone.  Those dogs....they make such a large spot in our hearts and lives dont they?

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

5Stoggar the Dogger - RIP - **PHOTOS** Empty Re: Stoggar the Dogger - RIP - **PHOTOS** Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:12 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ah, friendship and love. Expands the heart and hurts like hell.

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

7Stoggar the Dogger - RIP - **PHOTOS** Empty Re: Stoggar the Dogger - RIP - **PHOTOS** Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:25 pm

Tara, I lost my heart dog, Milo, almost 2 years ago and I still look for him, still tear up when I think of him, and still see his presence everywhere I look. The special ones never leave us.

I guess the best we can hope is that the dogs who choose US to live with, also look for us when they leave - do they long for our chair to sit beneath? Or do they miss our hand reaching for their neck as we walk? Maybe, like my Milo, their ham hock itches for a scratch as only I can give?

Rest easy knowing you and Rick gave her and all your animals the very best of you. God knows that isn't always the case, and I hear sickening stories weekly. So rest, as your Dear Stoggar is resting, in peace and having known True Love for another soul.

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

I can't read this today, had enough tears the past few days -- but thought I would reply in the quick mode so I don't see the thread. Think I have read this before, well, at least I read something that you had written that I think goes along this line, sigh....rest in peace Stoggars, and do have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

9Stoggar the Dogger - RIP - **PHOTOS** Empty Re: Stoggar the Dogger - RIP - **PHOTOS** Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:58 pm

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

10Stoggar the Dogger - RIP - **PHOTOS** Empty Re: Stoggar the Dogger - RIP - **PHOTOS** Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:40 am

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I'm sorry Tara I know exactly how you feel.  I also let me old guy go just before labour day weekend and I'm still at a complete loss without him beside me.  He also chose me as he came from a rough existence when I picked up the bedraggled boy who peed and cowered away if I growled at the kids or any loud sound, hips so bad and so out of shape from probably always being chained because he couldn't walk 100ft without complete exhaustion and his teeth so worn down that some had to be removed Sad  He was already about 6yrs old so I was told he wouldn't live long being a giant breed and so many issues.  I took him home anyways and he decided he belonged beside me.  I'm certain if he could talk he could tell you every single move I made in the 7yrs he was in my life because he was beside me or very close.  Until very recently he walked miles with me as I did chores, chased kids and went about daily life.  Tall enough I never had to bend to pet him and could just rest my hand on his big furry head all day long without even thinking about it because he was just always right there.  The last week of August he'd had enough and he let me know, I was not at all prepared and am still a mess.  My shadow is gone so no one to do chores with, no longer need to watch my step when in the kitchen, no one to snore and pant beside me as I type this.  The hardest part is when I get up in the morning there is no big brown eyes and lethal weapon sized tail wagging to greet me, no happy howling songs when I step out of his sight.  So hard that our faithful 4legged friends live such short lives compared to ours but they sure do bring alot of joys to our lives so the pain of losing is worth it but wow still hard to let them go Sad
covered in 19 day old quail he put up with soooo much Smile
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Miss that happy tail and song a lot

He acted younger as he got older.  Last yr at 12yrs old keeping up with the young ones

He refused to be left behind so I had to stop more often to play with my camera on walks while he rested

An old one but one of my favourites
It was very hard for him to walk ahead of me and kept turning around to check and see if I'd change my mind and call him back beside me Smile

So many happy wonderful moments he shared with me so he is greatly missed and 3weeks later I'm still a basket case missing him.  I feel your pain going through daily tasks with a 4 legged friend missing is tough Sad

11Stoggar the Dogger - RIP - **PHOTOS** Empty Re: Stoggar the Dogger - RIP - **PHOTOS** Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:48 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

I read all of this thread and I cried. To all of us that have loved and lost our dogs, my heart goes out, we have all been there, done that, some many times, and there will be more. The most beautiful thing that we can have and hold, is those memories, that will always cause pain, the roar to decrease to a dull roar. Happy times, so many, and then the sad time. But life goes on, we all know that, we need to just be ever so grateful for our loves of our lives that blessed us, over and over and over. to all, have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum