Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

can these Ameracauna chicks be sexed or are they too young

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have 4 lavender and 4 black split Ameracauna chicks that are about 8 weeks old and was just wondering if they can be sexed or if I have to wait a bit longer. I think one of the blacks is a roo but to me the majority of them look like pullets...no way i could get that lucky! It looks like I took more pics of the lavenders than the blacks...ooops!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Beep

Beep

I find it's really tough to tell with amer's until they are much older. There is a brief period around 4 wks where it looks really obvious and then it disappears. You should be able to tell by 12 wks for sure.silent 

ipf

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

That one in the first pic looks a bit boyish to me. . . but I agree, Amers are tough to sex when young.
(Just wondering, are these lavenders, or blues?)

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

My Ameracauna crosses were crowing around 9 weeks, so maybe it will become very clear for you soon ...

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

ipf wrote:(Just wondering, are these lavenders, or blues?)
They are lavenders

loushrop

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I honestly couldn't say for sure but they are very nice looking Prairie Chick! Lou

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum