Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

yeast infection

+3
fuzzylittlefriend
uno
Rasilon
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1yeast infection Empty yeast infection Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:27 am

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hi I am still posting from library. Do any of you dog people have a remedy for yeast infection in dogs ears. Thanks Geri
Very Happy 

2yeast infection Empty Re: yeast infection Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:41 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

MY dog is still going through some obnoxious, stinky, messy issue with his ears.

I have tried ear mite treatment, witch hazel, antibiotic drops....no help at all.

I remember Arctic Sun mentioning she had used hand sanitizer gel on a dog who had chronic ear trouble, and it worked like a charm.

I moisten a cotton pad with a few drops of water, add a dash of sanitizer gel, then pop this in the dog's ear and give his ear a squish. The nasty messy stench is clearing up! I do this every few days, don't want to do it every day for fear of drying out his ears. (obviously you remove the pad, don't leave that in there or you'll have a whole new level of trouble!)

3yeast infection Empty Re: yeast infection Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:46 pm

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Go pick up a tube of canesten or monistat cream. Put a little down each ear twice a day

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

4yeast infection Empty Re: yeast infection Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:40 pm

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

thanks guys

5yeast infection Empty Re: yeast infection Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:39 pm

SucellusFarms

SucellusFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

My vet prescribed 3 in 1 ear drops for a stubborn chronic ear infection. They worked really well. Her ears do get messy again if she gets into the neighbours dry dog food. We switched her to a raw meat diet when she was about 7 months old because of her ears and skin issues.

http://www.sucellusfarms.ca

6yeast infection Empty Re: yeast infection Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:04 am

vic's chicks

My dog has chronic yeast problems. He is on a limited diet. It helps for awhile then comes back. What is 3in 1? I have never heard of it. I would like to try some.

7yeast infection Empty Re: yeast infection Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:35 pm

SucellusFarms

SucellusFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

vic's chicks wrote:My dog has chronic yeast problems. He is on a limited diet. It helps for awhile then comes back. What is 3in 1? I have never heard of it. I would like to try some.
My dog had it for her first 2 years of life while I tried several remedies. The thing that finally worked was Surolan. Fights yeast, bacteria and mites (3 in 1). She is now 7 and rarely gets bothered by it unless she gets into feed containing grain.

http://www.sucellusfarms.ca

8yeast infection Empty Re: yeast infection Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:36 am

BriarwoodPoultry

BriarwoodPoultry
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Here is the product info for Surolan: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Interesting that your vet told you it works for mites. I worked in a vet clinic for 8 years and neither the drug rep nor the vet have ever used it to treat mites. Have you used it successfully? It does work for yeast and bacteria well though Smile

http://briarwoodpoultry.weebly.com

9yeast infection Empty Re: yeast infection Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:58 am

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

BriarwoodPoultry wrote:Here is the product info for Surolan: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Interesting that your vet told you it works for mites. I worked in a vet clinic for 8 years and neither the drug rep nor the vet have ever used it to treat mites. Have you used it successfully? It does work for yeast and bacteria well though Smile
Surolan is used to treat otitis externa and dermatitis in dogs caused by yeasts, fungi, bacteria and earmites. Surolan requires a prescription from your veterinarian.
Surolan Drops Indications

SUROLAN Drops are indicated for treating dogs and cats with otitic and dermal infections when caused by pathogens sensitive to miconazole nitrate or polymyxin B sulfate, and for the inflammation which often accompanies these conditions.

SUROLAN Drops are appropriate for treating disease conditions such as:

- otitis externa in dogs

- Otodectes cynotis (ear mite) infestation and associated otitis in cats

- allergic dermatitis in dogs

- fungal infections when caused by M. canis in dogs and cats

- bacterial dermatitis in dogs and cats

- non-specific dermatitis in dogs and cats
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum