Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another quilt

+8
bigrock
CynthiaM
mirycreek
coopslave
Schipperkesue
Pollywog
authenticfarm
uno
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Another quilt Empty Another quilt Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:47 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Have been working on this for a long time and finally got it done. It was a collaborated effort with my mom. The vintage embroidery work is hers, done by hand, then I piece the quilt top and for this one did the hand quilting.

I am impressed with mom's fine hand work, I think it looks so 40s!

I could have done a lot more quilting, but it is very time intensive and I got impatient and called it good. The borders are unquilted and will probably not last too long. But long enough for a little girl to snuggle and love, and that's all anyone can ask from a quilt. Use it up, love it to rags, remember it fondly.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Another quilt Empty Re: Another quilt Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:51 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Lovely!

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

3Another quilt Empty Re: Another quilt Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:52 pm

Pollywog

Pollywog
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I love this quilt! The embroidery is awesome! Some little monkey is going to love that blankie!

4Another quilt Empty Re: Another quilt Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:02 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I love the little corner four part diamonds!

5Another quilt Empty Re: Another quilt Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:15 pm

Schipperkesue wrote:I love the little corner four part diamonds!
I love those too. How wonderful for some little kid to have this. I hope it lasts and becomes a keepsake, but that it's well-loved in the meantime, and used! If it has to be one or the other, I hope it gets loved to shreds. I love you 

6Another quilt Empty Re: Another quilt Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:16 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thank you all, I think it's very charming too.

Sue, those 4 part corner diamonds are a strategic design component, or, in layman's terms, where can I put all these little bits of fabric I have? I know! I'll stick them here!

It adds just a little shazam.

7Another quilt Empty Re: Another quilt Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:50 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

So nice!
My mother taught me embroidery and I used to do it with her when I was young. Thanks for the great memory and the pictures of the beautiful quilt that I am sure will be well loved!

8Another quilt Empty Re: Another quilt Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:21 pm

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

Nice I like multi media anything and so nice your mom and you can collaborate on such a project.
It reminds me of an embroidered quilt top my mother in law had done a long time ago and then she gave it to me and I turned it into a quilt using a tablecloth with ducks on it and a backing sheet with a blanket in the middle. My second son used it until the embroidery wore right out.
My mil was so happy to see it used.

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

9Another quilt Empty Re: Another quilt Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:12 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Uno, you have really no idea how blessed you are to have this skill, and I bet you spent some very special hours with your Mother doing this. I am serious, anyone that has skills like this, my hat off to you all, I wish that I could have the patience for this kind of stuff. Nope. Could never do it, just ain't in me. Your quilts are astoundingly beautiful, if you ever have one for sale, would you please think of me, and ask if I would like to look at one to purchase. Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

10Another quilt Empty Re: Another quilt Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:17 am

bigrock

bigrock
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

very nice work Cynthia...you never cease to amaze me with all these skills i just didn't put with a motorcycle mamma....Hats off to anyone who has the "women arts" it is good to continue with these things for our granddaughters/sons? love the pattern. Can see a young child touching that pattern, and little dog..

11Another quilt Empty Re: Another quilt Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:10 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Now that's art!

12Another quilt Empty Re: Another quilt Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:01 am

bigrock

bigrock
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

whoops......I mean Uno.....Uno..nice work!
good grief...i have yet to HAVE my coffee..thanks for the heads up Embarassed 

13Another quilt Empty Re: Another quilt Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:14 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

pretty damn nice! I cannot wait to get my new/old sewing machine and go to work now. I got the fever rising up!

14Another quilt Empty Re: Another quilt Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:10 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

"Use it up, love it to rags, remember it fondly."

Beautifully put Uno. That's one luck kid.

15Another quilt Empty Re: Another quilt Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:34 pm

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

My son has a treasured quilt made by a wonderful woman at our old church. She was well into her 90s when it was made. He has used it, loved it and worn it out. It is little more than rags at this point but I am not allowed to dispose of it. She had used scraps of fabric from every decade and somehow wove them with love into the most treasured gift. For her 100th birthday we all brought the quilts she had given us and hung them around the church hall.... it was beautiful

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum