Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Publicly need to call a couple members out

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

When I joined this community over a year ago now, I had never been a forum person. Really, I'm still not. I am signed up for a series of forums but rarely, if ever, post there (lucky them). I, however, love this community. For the most part, I find people can levy their opinions without being offensive; there have been a few exceptions, but aren't there always.

I have had the opportunity to meet some wonderful people. Having met DLC, Hidden, Lou, Red Willow and Kiebler, I have been able to find common ground and an equal level of insanity for people with whom I can relate. This community has allowed me to meet some of the most accepting people I know.

In particular, I need to call out two women who have sure put up with a lot from me. Both of them have received me, crying, blubbering, angry and hardly able to speak, either by phone or email, and they have always done so with the blunt, accepting fashion I expect and adore from them. Their honesty and integrity is unwavering, and both have flatly told me things I needed to hear, whether I wanted to or not, and have agreed with me and encouraged me when they found it necessary and aligned with their beliefs. These ladies are full of knowledge, strength and a spark that is hard to find. I have never met them in person and thus, since I can't knock on their door and give them a huge hug to say thank you, I decided to publicly embarrass them in hopes that they'll be able to understand how much I value the friendship I have formed with them as well as them as individuals.

Uno. Flicker Chick. Thank you. Thank you for absolutely everything.

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have not responded to this because, well, you know, don't want to be conceited and all that. But it seems wrong to have someone say something so nice about me and not acknowledge it.

In real life I am, of course, much less magnificent. I'm so much better in print. Remember, in real life I'm the woman whose pants are sliding off her butt and only held in place by bunching up against the tops of my gumboots. No diva, that's for sure.

It is gratifying to know I have helped, or made a smile, or invited you to ponder something, or perhaps caused heartburn (not on purpose, Gordon forbid!)

Sweetened, the privilege has been mine. I thank you, and all the other personalities I picture in my head.

Sweetened, that was sweet. SQUEEEE!

blackdove

blackdove
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Uno is awesome!  Reading her words is a highlight in my day.  

I would love to meet Flicker too.  We should all get together one day, wouldn't that be fun?!  Banana

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wow…I am gobsmacked. I’m blushing. Embarassed I feel all warm and tingly inside...and at a total loss for words. Hang on a sec. lol
Oh man. That has to be one of the nicest, heart warming things I’ve read on an online forum. Sweetened, all I can say is right back at ya. Thank YOU. It has been a pleasure and a privilege, and I look forward to meeting you one day in person. Smile Viking helmet included! queen geek Cool 

Blackdove, I’d love to meet you too. Smile I think a big WCPS/ACE shin dig with all members would be so much fun!  bounce

We should totally plan a get-together!

No need to thank me or reply ladies, there's no other way for me to let you know so it's more than just words (lets not be literal here), so this will have to do.

SucellusFarms

SucellusFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Uno, you are just as magnificent in person! There are those people you meet that you instantly feel comfortable with, and you were one of those for me.

http://www.sucellusfarms.ca

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum