Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Miracle Silkie rises from the dead!

+2
bckev
Schipperkesue
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Miracle Silkie rises from the dead! Empty Miracle Silkie rises from the dead! Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:51 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

This morning Doug and I went out to the back of the property to unload a trailer full of wood. Doug looked over to the silkie tractor and said, hey, is that silkie dead? Sure enough it was. Laying on it's side beside the wire, legs outstretched, head tucked in. I poked it through the wire. Dead. Floppy. I poked its head out and saw mouth open, eyes open, limp and no sign of life. Darn. I followed Doug out back to complete the task, making a mental note to get the silkie out of the tractor and dispose of it when we were done.

Well, of course I forgot. That was at 10:00 and now it is 2:45. Darn, gotta get that silkie. I trudge out and look into the tractor. No silkie. What the heck? I open the tractor and see all 6 standing there. I can't even tell which one was dead!

Any theories? I am gobsmacked!

2Miracle Silkie rises from the dead! Empty Re: Miracle Silkie rises from the dead! Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:05 pm

bckev

bckev
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Heck of a party the night before. Dressed in their finest silks, strutting their stuff and generally managing to pullet off. It caught up to her.

3Miracle Silkie rises from the dead! Empty Re: Miracle Silkie rises from the dead! Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:54 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

bckev wrote:Heck of a party the night before. Dressed in their finest silks, strutting their stuff and generally managing to pullet off. It caught up to her.

I bow to you, king of the punsters!

4Miracle Silkie rises from the dead! Empty Re: Miracle Silkie rises from the dead! Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:57 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Absinthe.

5Miracle Silkie rises from the dead! Empty Re: Miracle Silkie rises from the dead! Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:26 pm

Pollywog

Pollywog
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Clearly your are now the owner of a Zombie Silkie.

6Miracle Silkie rises from the dead! Empty Re: Miracle Silkie rises from the dead! Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:37 pm

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

My guess would be a seizure. The very first houdan I had was a hen that was prone to seizures. She would literally freeze in place and be unresponse. The only way I learned to bring her out of it was to gentle pet her. At first the seizures lasted only seconds, but got longer till one day she simple didn't wake.

7Miracle Silkie rises from the dead! Empty Re: Miracle Silkie rises from the dead! Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:16 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Pollywog wrote:Clearly your are now the owner of a Zombie Silkie.

I see a new fad coming...Laughing

8Miracle Silkie rises from the dead! Empty Re: Miracle Silkie rises from the dead! Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:33 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sue's Silkies

So calm they appear dead!

Buy them now before they are!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum