Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Noromectin

+2
authenticfarm
Michelle S
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Noromectin Empty Noromectin Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:34 pm

Hi!  Trying to find 1% ivomec has been a bit of a trial.

I found out that Peavy sells "Noromectin" for cattle.  (Google Noromectin 2-1-7602 to see what I'm looking at).  According to google, this Noromectin injectable is "1% w/v ivermectin and 10% w/v clorsulon in a sterile solution".  Is this what is used in water for chickens?

2Noromectin Empty Re: Noromectin Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:50 pm

Michelle S

Noromectin is not the same as ivermectin. The ivomec that u want to use is a ivomec injectable- if u ask for that at your vet or farm supply store they will know what u need. It is a 10mg/ml concentration. Dose it at 0.3 mg/kg orally.

3Noromectin Empty Re: Noromectin Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:57 pm

Michelle S wrote:Noromectin is not the same as ivermectin. The ivomec that u want to use is a ivomec injectable- if u ask for that at your vet or farm supply store they will know what u need. It is a 10mg/ml concentration. Dose it at 0.3 mg/kg orally.

Thanks Michelle. It says: "An ivomectin based endectocide for the effective treatment and control of a wide range of internal and external parasited of beef and non lactating dairy cattle." Shows what I know!

When I asked them for a 1% Injectible, I got looked at with muffled confusion. Is the dilusion of your concentration above still 4cc to 1gallon water?

4Noromectin Empty Re: Noromectin Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:08 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I did the Eprinex pour on, 0.5 cc per full-grown LF bird, directly onto the skin. Have not seen signs of worms since (I scoop poop from under the roosts daily), and at least one of mine had a HEAVY worm load when I got them. They started looking better by the next morning.

I ordered a 250ml bottle from my vet, they were able to bring it in overnight, and it was about $60.

We have Noromectin for cattle on hand anyway, but I preferred the Eprinex. The benefit of Eprinex is that there is zero withdrawal (for on-label use in meat or dairy cattle), so possibly a shorter or zero withdrawal time for eggs as well. I strongly didn't want to go with the 49 day withdrawal time (again, on-label use) on the Noromectin.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

5Noromectin Empty Re: Noromectin Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:12 pm

authenticfarm wrote:I did the Eprinex pour on, 0.5 cc per full-grown LF bird, directly onto the skin. Have not seen signs of worms since (I scoop poop from under the roosts daily), and at least one of mine had a HEAVY worm load when I got them. They started looking better by the next morning.

I ordered a 250ml bottle from my vet, they were able to bring it in overnight, and it was about $60.

We have Noromectin for cattle on hand anyway, but I preferred the Eprinex. The benefit of Eprinex is that there is zero withdrawal (for on-label use in meat or dairy cattle), so possibly a shorter or zero withdrawal time for eggs as well. I strongly didn't want to go with the 49 day withdrawal time (again, on-label use) on the Noromectin.

Can the pour on be purchased at farm supply? I'd prefer the water method becaue I have birds of different sizes, weights and ages, and many many birds. I thought more effective just to use water based stuff.

Noro can be used though, for chickens in water at that ratio or no? I can handle the 2 month withdrawl time, I don't butcher until fall weather sets in anyway. I'll feed the eggs to the dogs for 2 months.

6Noromectin Empty Re: Noromectin Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:24 pm

Michelle S

that sounds about right Smile The ivomec comes in a 50 ml bottle & it's about $50.

7Noromectin Empty Re: Noromectin Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:29 pm

Michelle S

I don't know if noromectin can be used with poultry, that would be a question for a vet. I used the water method for the same reasons as you Sweetend, it was so much quicker than catching and dosing each individual bird. I deworming mine in December when they have quit laying for the winter. Then they are passed the withdrawal period by the time they are laying again.

8Noromectin Empty Re: Noromectin Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:31 pm

I don't do things this way. Ever. Just need to get it right.

9Noromectin Empty Re: Noromectin Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:37 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sweetened wrote:Can the pour on be purchased at farm supply?

I could only find it through the vet here. The only cattle dewormer I am usually able to buy at the feed store is Noromectin. There used to be a lot more options!

The vet tech also mentioned Dectomax, which has a 0 withdrawal for milk, but 42 days for meat.

You can also get Eprinex online through Jeffers.

10Noromectin Empty Re: Noromectin Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:38 pm

Thanks. I guess I'll try Noromectin. My vets won't supply me with anything without seeing the animal or coming out to the farm.

11Noromectin Empty Re: Noromectin Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:42 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sweetened wrote:Thanks.  I guess I'll try Noromectin.  My vets won't supply me with anything without seeing the animal or coming out to the farm.

Get thee to Jeffers! They ship pretty quick, if you can wait a few days. http://www.jefferspet.com/ivomec-eprinex-pour-on/camid/LIV/cp/17185/cn/31002/

Also, your vet must be a butthead. Mine is a pretty big butthead, but he'll still sell me what I want.

12Noromectin Empty Re: Noromectin Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:45 pm

They're a butt head, but the best butt head around.

Not waiting, but, bookmarking that site. Thanks!

13Noromectin Empty Re: Noromectin Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:04 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sweetened, what is your goal?

Are you wanting to rid yourself of internal and external cooties?

If I see external cooties getting out of hand, I go for the Eprinex. After initially getting things under control with the Eprinex and then hanging an NoPest strip, I have never had to use the big guns again for body cooties.

BUT..to keep gut cooties to a dull roar, I treat with piprazine (I think I spelled that wrong) It dissolves easily in water, rids birds of the biggest load of crawlers, I do not toss eggs and do not worry about contaminating myself since my mom gave me piprazine when I was a wormy kid.

But if you want to kill everything at one go, inside and out, piprazine is not what you want.

14Noromectin Empty Re: Noromectin Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:04 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sweetened wrote:Hi!  Trying to find 1% ivomec has been a bit of a trial.

I found out that Peavy sells "Noromectin" for cattle.  (Google Noromectin 2-1-7602 to see what I'm looking at).  According to google, this Noromectin injectable is "1% w/v ivermectin and 10% w/v clorsulon in a sterile solution".  Is this what is used in water for chickens?

Yes, use this at 4cc to 1 gallon of water for 48hrs, making sure to make a fresh batch each day and that the chickens have no other source of water. I'm far from a vet, (except to my own birdies What a Face ) but this is what I've used in the past and it worked well for me. Smile

15Noromectin Empty Re: Noromectin Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:05 am

Love it! To Peavey mart I go at lunch!

16Noromectin Empty Re: Noromectin Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:15 pm

foal0069

Who has ordered it from Jeffers? How hard is it to bring across the border?
Thanks.

17Noromectin Empty Re: Noromectin Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:18 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I haven't ordered Eprinex through them, but have ordered other meds, absolutely no problem at the border.

18Noromectin Empty Re: Noromectin Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:49 pm

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

I too have ordered other meds without any problems.

19Noromectin Empty Re: Noromectin Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:10 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

^ Ditto on ordering meds and crossing the border with zero problems. Smile 

20Noromectin Empty Re: Noromectin Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:16 am

Thanks everyone for the help Smile

21Noromectin Empty Re: Noromectin Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:18 pm

foal0069

Thank you all, I think I will order some just to have on hand.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum