Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A little bright spot

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A little bright spot Empty A little bright spot Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:15 pm

Swamp Hen

Swamp Hen

Hey all, havent been around much, been dealing with an illness and subsequent death in the family. I had been forced to leave my incubator in the care of my (very) inexperienced parents. I feel terrible, but they didnt get the egg turner out when it should have, and also cooked a few chicks in the brooder. My mother felt even worse then I did. We ended up with three healthy chicks, and one with a gimped foot. The foot was curved inward and the chick was walking on the joint. We tried making a little splint, didnt work so well. I was positive it was never going to make it past the first week. Yesterday, I stopped in to see how they were doing. Gimpy, was Gimpy no more! Flat footed walking like a normal chick!! Fixed itself all on its own Very Happy  Just thought I'd share our little miracle.

2A little bright spot Empty Re: A little bright spot Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:43 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I’m sorry to hear that Swamp Hen. Hope things start looking up for you and your family...Comfort

Your chicks' foot healing up is pretty neat. I’ve seen many crooked toes and never had that happen! Usually they just get worse as the bird grows. It's great that Gimpy is no longer gimpy! Smile

3A little bright spot Empty Re: A little bright spot Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:13 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am sorry to hear of your sad times, but glad that you can still find a bright spot. That means joy and sunshine will be in your life again very soon.

It amazes me the small glitches that iron themselves out! Good outcome.

4A little bright spot Empty Re: A little bright spot Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:50 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Amazing how one little thing can grant you a whole new perspective, isn't it?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum