Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anyone know Elders near Saskatoon?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Anyone know Elders near Saskatoon? Empty Anyone know Elders near Saskatoon? Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:47 pm

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

So I got into nursing (BSN Uof s) and I start in sept. while I have been doing a few pre req's to get in, I have taken a native studies course that really peaked my interest. I also have an interest in traditional medicine. Needless to say, I think I might  like to specialize in aboriginal medicine. I picked up a really cool book about aboriginal Health in canada for fun and have been fascinated. So to get to the point, I would really like to have a chance to get to speak with some First Nations elders. Saskatoon has one of the highest population of First Nations peoples, yet some of the highest rates of substandard health care. Anyone?

Last edited by Susan on Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Anyone know Elders near Saskatoon? Empty Re: Anyone know Elders near Saskatoon? Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:06 pm

If you find a practicing shaman, do let me know. I have a desire to meet with one for some spiritual understanding.

Though I can't tell you reserves to contact, I can strongly advise you to avoid Gordon's and Kawakatoose based on experience.

3Anyone know Elders near Saskatoon? Empty Re: Anyone know Elders near Saskatoon? Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:13 pm

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

You should Contact
SASKATOON INDIAN AND METIS FRIENDSHIP CENTRE
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
ABORIGINAL FRIENDSHIP
CENTRES OF SASKATCHEWAN
115 Wall Street
Saskatoon, SK S7K 6C2
Phone: (306) 955-0762
Fax: (306) 955-0972

And Explain to them what you are wanting to possibly do
They I am sure could lead you in the right direction
Also Here is the Pow Wow Trail
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Good Place to meet and Speak with Elders THere is one coming up at the Dakota Dunes in August
Hope this helps some
The Elders that I know are not in your area
and Dont Laugh The Bingo Hall is another place to meet the Elders
Joe

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum